City v Utd post match

Away from the game, I fully support the clubs decision to attack the SS in the second half. The limbs for a last minute winner will be outstanding, and that's all I care about at the end of the day.

KDB, Yaya , Fernandinho were our best midfielders, Sterling & Sane couldn't threat United at all.

Aguero disappointed me today, he keeps the ball too long and try to do it all himself.

Being at the game tonight was a new experience for me. It's the first time I've ever been to a derby where I wasn't twitchy, on edge, worried that they would score. They carried no threat whatsoever.

They might not have carried a threat but we did have one in our own ranks until he went off injured, every time they got within range (Thanks to Vinnie & Co not that often)my heart was in my boots. I have serious worries for Peps sanity thinking Bravo is playable in any game never mind a derby (And an important game to secure top 4).
They were shite, but a bit of credit to the team for allowing them so little of the ball, nowt wrong with our work rate and but for some sloppy passing they would have had a damn site less of it.

We all more or less know that several positions need replacement, Leroy is still a young player so the odd poor game is not the end of the world,and while Kun may have missed his chances he was still in there to have a stab and on another day would have bagged one or two.

A few worries, there seems to be a culture of diving creeping into the team, no names but it needs sorting out, Peps complete lack of reaction when/if things are not working until far to late in the game, And the lack of the drive and killer instinct to grab a game by the scruff of the neck, that was an almost passionless Manchester derby.

I think Durham mentioned this evening that the rags were a better footballing side than City.....................

_38112072_drop_kick_f5.gif

latLR.jpg

Yeh right !!!!

ok we didnt win but did our aged defence get ripped apart by their pacy forward line.As for our attacking Sergio didnt look fully fit and let a lot of 50/50s go and though KDB had a decent go he isnt at Silvas level in the position he played-only one team wanted to win

How times have changed; the rags celebrating a point at Etihad like they've just won the league.

They were fucking awful tonight, but our inability to score justified PEG's tactics.

I thought Vinnie and Nico were excellent at the back, and Dinho in midfield too, but my MotM was Yaya, who controlled the game from start to finish.

As for A&E, I thought he deserved a second yellow for his trip on Sergio, as well as the red for the head butt.

Better result for us than for them, but I doubt that's how the media will spin it.

Just got in and I must admit I am left incredibly frustrated.

We battered them yet lacked a real top quality in front of goal, which has been the real story of the season in my opinion, more so than the defence.

I am sick of us hitting the ball out wide only for us to pass it back into midfield and switch it to the otherside, then repeat.

I tell you what though, if United think they are nailed on the Europa League they are having a laugh. A bad 45 minutes against Celta or Lyon and they are out I think.

A few worries, there seems to be a culture of diving creeping into the team, no names but it needs sorting out, Peps complete lack of reaction when/if things are not working until far to late in the game, And the lack of the drive and killer instinct to grab a game by the scruff of the neck, that was an almost passionless Manchester derby.

Unfortunately this seems to be a trait of Peps teams. His Barca side were the worst cheats I've ever seen in football and Bayern turned into a team of divers once Pep took over. Sadly it seems to be something our manager encourages but I'll gladly accept it if it means domination of the league and europe. It'll be essential if we're ever to win the champions league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.