U17 UEFA European Championship: 03/05- 19/05

cadds92

Squad announced today:

Squad

Goalkeepers: Curtis Anderson (Manchester City), Josef Bursik (AFC Wimbledon)

Defenders: Timothy Eyoma (Tottenham Hotspur), Lewis Gibson (Newcastle United), Marc Guéhi (Chelsea), Jonathan Panzo (Chelsea), Jake Vokins (Southampton)

Midfielders: Aidan Barlow (Manchester United), Alexander Denny (Everton), Angel Gomes (Manchester United), George McEachran (Chelsea), Tashan Oakley-Boothe (Tottenham Hotspur)

Forwards: Rhian Brewster (Liverpool), Philip Foden (Manchester City), Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea), Daniel Loader (Reading), Jadon Sancho (Manchester City), Emile Smith-Rowe (Arsenal).

First fixture for England is against Norway on Thursday.

The game is live on Eurosport for those interested

Gomes is out injured ( bit of a blow despite being a rag ) so expect a replacement called up soon.

Huge blow if true.

Arguably the best midfielder of the lot.

Yes, it is a blow and Yeah it is true, he tweeted as soon as the squad was announced that he can't play as he's injured.

Him and Latibeaudiere are massive misses for us and with them included I would have had us one of the favourites to win the competition.

Gomes ticks the team over.

Him and Latibeaudiere are massive misses for us and with them included I would have had us one of the favourites to win the competition.

Gomes ticks the team over.

I think we would definitely have been favourites with those two but it's still a very talented squad and plenty of strength in depth. I team at this level with a front four of Hudson-Odoi, Foden, Sancho and Brewster is pretty deadly. Maybe Gibbs-White ( If Wolves release him ) or Skipp will replace Gomes but will have to wait and see. This squad could have been even stronger if Ryan Sessegnon wasn't fast tracked to the U19's.

This squad could have been even stronger if Ryan Sessegnon wasn't fast tracked to the U19's.
I always thought England kept the youth lads strictly to their own age groups, surprising. A bit of a sea change or have I missed others?

I think we would definitely have been favourites with those two but it's still a very talented squad and plenty of strength in depth. I team at this level with a front four of Hudson-Odoi, Foden, Sancho and Brewster is pretty deadly. Maybe Gibbs-White ( If Wolves release him ) or Skipp will replace Gomes but will have to wait and see. This squad could have been even stronger if Ryan Sessegnon wasn't fast tracked to the U19's.

I agree.

I think if we do well in this tournaments it's because our attack looks good.

Odoi was a beast in the FA Youth Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.