South American talent

If you could sign one player from South American domestic football this summer to join our first team squad, who would it be?
Yerry Mina, tbrh I have never seen him play but I know that he's a CB and is on radar of very high profile clubs.

Good choice but unfortunately I think Barca have a deal set up with him.

If we can sign Gabriel Jesus then I think our scouts will be more active & more prominent in the market.

Be interesting to see how this develops.

Yerry Mina, tbrh I have never seen him play but I know that he's a CB and is on radar of very high profile clubs.

Rumours that Madrid are ready to pay 40-60m for him, snatching from under Barca's nose.
Wonder why they added Liverpool to that list. Maybe just for lulz...

I'd like to hear what @Divino da Guia and @rdfporcazzo have tho say on this.
If you could sign one player from South American domestic football this summer to join our first team squad, who would it be?

City have an especially defender's deficiency. I think the best options for us would be signing Yerry Mina (CB 22 yo) and Guilherme Arana (LB 20 yo).
Yerry Mina is a CB really good heading and passing, even being very tall he is still very fast but he is probably going to Barça.
Arana is playing very well for Corinthians, he is young and could be the sub for Alex Sandro (if we sign him) easily, they have the same playstyle.

Other options that could work but aren't that great: Fagner and William for the RB and Miguel Trauco for the LB.

Interesting.

Will look out for Arana.

City have an especially defender's deficiency. I think the best options for us would be signing Yerry Mina (CB 22 yo) and Guilherme Arana (LB 20 yo).
Yerry Mina is a CB really good heading and passing, even being very tall he is still very fast but he is probably going to Barça.
Arana is playing very well for Corinthians, he is young and could be the sub for Alex Sandro (if we sign him) easily, they have the same playstyle.

Other options that could work but aren't that great: Fagner and William for the RB and Miguel Trauco for the LB.

I'd like to hear what @Divino da Guia and @rdfporcazzo have tho say on this.

Mina(CB)or Guilherme Arana(LB) would be starters for City imo.
Of course not if we sign Mendy or Alex Sandro, in the case of Arana.
I think Mina is an overall better player than the vast majority of CBs that i watch i european leagues.
And he's a starter for Colombia nt.
He's really a threat in attack too.

In terms of pure talent would be Luan(Gremio), but he is problematic off the pitch, driving without licence, stoped by police, not being accepted in some neighborhoods, etc.

Mina(CB)or Guilherme Arana(LB) would be starters for City imo.
Of course not if we sign Mendy or Alex Sandro, in the case of Arana.
I think Mina is an overall better player than the vast majority of CBs that i watch i european leagues.
And he's a starter for Colombia nt.
He's really a threat in attack too.

In terms of pure talent would be Luan(Gremio), but he is problematic off the pitch, driving without licence, stoped by police, not being accepted in some neighborhoods, etc.

Luan has been linked to Liverpool.

You seen much of Driussi at River mate?

Looks a decent striker to me.

Luan has been linked to Liverpool.

You seen much of Driussi at River mate?

Looks a decent striker to me.
I talk more about the Brazilians and South Americans playing in Brazil because i watch them week in week out.
But the player i would sign from River is Lucas Alario.
He's the best 9 in South America.
I read about the tons of money clubs are ready to pay for Belotti, Lukaku, etc.
I suspect that Alario can do the same impact and would be cheap.

You can sign defenders, full backs and attacking players right from South America.
They tend to adapt easily.
Midfielders are the real gamble.
You never know.

There's this other Argentinian: Azcaciba from Estudiantes. He's a top 5 imo.
He was not great in the WC U-20, but you can't really judge South Americans players in their youth nt because its a mess.
Azcaciba worth a gamble.

I talk more about the Brazilians and South Americans playing in Brazil because i watch them week in week out.
But the player i would sign from River is Lucas Alario.
He's the best 9 in South America.
I read about the tons of money clubs are ready to pay for Belotti, Lukaku, etc.
I suspect that Alario can do the same impact and would be cheap.

You can sign defenders, full backs and attacking players right from South America.
They tend to adapt easily.
Midfielders are the real gamble.
You never know.

There's this other Argentinian: Azcaciba from Estudiantes. He's a top 5 imo.
He was not great in the WC U-20, but you can't really judge South Americans players in their youth nt because its a mess.
Azcaciba worth a gamble.

I have watched Ascacibar a few times for Estudiantes and watched him play against England in the U20 World Cup and he looked decent. He is definitely one to watch out for in a few years.

You are right about midfield players though. I thought Kranevitter would be a star by now in Europe but he is still struggling to be a regular at Sevilla the last I checked.

I do like the look of Alario, he has a bit of Edin Dzeko about him, but out of this River team Driussi looks the one to buy from my point of view.

Davidson Sanchez went under the radar a little too considering it was Marlos Moreno who caught the eye for Atletico Nacional in last seasons Libertadores. He has shined for Ajax this season and has been linked to a bigger move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.