Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Charlesfarsbar

I get we need new fullbacks , I also understand we need another keeper and perhaps a new centre half

But...

The position we are crying out for is the defensive midfielder , pivot , anchor - call it what you want

Yaya can play it but isn't mobile enough anymore
Fernandinho can play it but has declined this season
Gundogan could step in but hasn't proved his fitness over a season as yet
Garcia doesn't look ready yet
Silva ? Would be a great playmaker from deep but not robust enough

Who are the alternatives in te transfer market, who could we get to step straight into the team to fill this crucial role?

Carvalho , is he mobile enough ? Is his passing good enough?
Fabinho , looks like a box to box midfielder to me , we need someone who will control the play from deep
Kroos , probably not obtainable and is he good enough defensively ?

We are looking for someone in the Busquets, Lahm or Alonso class here , I can't think of anyone we could realistically get ?

I get we need new fullbacks , I also understand we need another keeper and perhaps a new centre half

But...

The position we are crying out for is the defensive midfielder , pivot , anchor - call it what you want

Yaya can play it but isn't mobile enough anymore
Fernandinho can play it but has declined this season
Gundogan could step in but hasn't proved his fitness over a season as yet
Garcia doesn't look ready yet
Silva ? Would be a great playmaker from deep but not robust enough

Who are the alternatives in te transfer market, who could we get to step straight into the team to fill this crucial role?

Carvalho , is he mobile enough ? Is his passing good enough?
Fabinho , looks like a box to box midfielder to me , we need someone who will control the play from deep
Kroos , probably not obtainable and is he good enough defensively ?

We are looking for someone in the Busquets, Lahm or Alonso class here , I can't think of anyone we could realistically get ?
1. I don't think its that important of a role. I know I'm at odds with Pep on this one, but if push came to shove, there is Marcos Llorente: the closest thing to Busquet I've seen.

But the position is not half as important as getting an in form goalie and fullbacks. Nothing is:

I like Fabinho. He may not have Weigl's ability on the ball but looks like he ticks so many boxes, and he's no slouch on the ball either. We need to get this guy

Tolisso is a young prospect from Lyon who could d this job, his passing is decent and defensively/physically he's a rock.

Tielemans is the one we've been linked with recently, he surely has played as a DM for Anderlecht but I'm not sure how good he is defensively. His passing is certainly top notch.

We definitely need a Casemiro type of player who'll let our free 8's do their job and himself be competent enough to play Pepball.

1. I don't think its that important of a role. I know I'm at odds with Pep on this one, but if push came to shove, there is Marcos Llorente: the closest thing to Busquet I've seen.

But the position is not half as important as getting an in form goalie and fullbacks. Nothing is:

I think that's the flaw in your argument , Pep thinks it's very important...

I like Fabinho. He may not have Weigl's ability on the ball but looks like he ticks so many boxes, and he's no slouch on the ball either. We need to get this guy
Nah, he's not that type of player , not how he plays for Monaco anyway...perhaps he could be coached

The other thing with Fabinho is that it's not often you go and take two players out of another team in one window

If we are in for Mendy they aren't going to let us take Fabinho at the same time ? Much less if we also go for Mbappe

Tolisso is a young prospect from Lyon who could d this job, his passing is decent and defensively/physically he's a rock.

Tielemans is the one we've been linked with recently, he surely has played as a DM for Anderlecht but I'm not sure how good he is defensively. His passing is certainly top notch.

We definitely need a Casemiro type of player who'll let our free 8's do their job and himself be competent enough to play Pepball.
Tielmans would be one for the free 8 role, I would try to get him for this position

Casemiro is a good shout but could we praise him from Madrid ?

Tielemans is probably a great shout also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.