Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't understand why he parried it you will never like a Keeper under Pep. Its that simple.

That makes no sense at all. Do you really think Pep was glad he parried the ball straight to a rag player or he would have preferred him to knock it out for a corner or behind him towards the touchline?

it is Bill, but because you have this ridiculous notion that pep picked Bravo because of non footballing reasons , carry on
well here are the football reasons for picking willy.

Bravo made 33 appearances under Guardiola across all competitions this term, keeping 11 clean sheets whilst conceding a worrying 36 goals.

Throughout his inaugural campaign at City, the Chile international has received much criticism for his inability to be in control of his penalty area and lack of saves.

Claudio Bravo has averaged 1.08 saves per goal conceded in the Premier League this season – inferior to Willy Caballero’s 1.92.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/bravo-ruled-out-for-the-rest-of-the-season/941047#t9e7jo29R52lPmgl.99

I am bemused that people still defend him as if we just don't understand that Pep wants someone who can play. That may be a valid reason for not rating Hart. It doesn't mean Bravo has done what Pep wanted. I'm pretty sure he also wants someone who stops. A couple of times against week opponents he's shown good control and distribution. At other times he's been hoofing and hacking as bad as anyone, and bringing absurd pressure on himself and others.

Some reasonable punches. Half a dozen regulation saves. That is the sum total of his achievements. At this level, the numbers just do not add up.

Positioning, footwork/body control and diving / shot stopping have been league 1 standard. Or lower. His reactions look shot... that could be confidence. It could be a terminal decline. It can happen overnight to goalkeepers It would normally be finito, but Pep might take the chance that he'll recover enough to be a workable number 2. I wouldn't. There are so many concerns and doubts. He doesn't really look imposing enough. Doesn't look settled. Recovering the trust of team mates and fans would be an incredible and unlikely achievement for a young, hungry keeper. Even if he recovers to a decent level, he still has to prove he can adapt. His age and situation makes all this very unlikely. t stands I worry that his presence would be an unwelcome reminder of all the disasters. Who wants that in the dressing room?

Loan. Spain, France, South America. Please.

I am bemused that people still defend him as if we just don't understand that Pep wants someone who can play. That may be a valid reason for not rating Hart. It doesn't mean Bravo has done what Pep wanted. I'm pretty sure he also wants someone who stops. A couple of times against week opponents he's shown good control and distribution. At other times he's been hoofing and hacking as bad as anyone, and bringing absurd pressure on himself and others.

Some reasonable punches. Half a dozen regulation saves. That is the sum total of his achievements. At this level, the numbers just do not add up.

Positioning, footwork/body control and diving / shot stopping have been league 1 standard. Or lower. His reactions look shot... that could be confidence. It could be a terminal decline. It can happen overnight to goalkeepers It would normally be finito, but Pep might take the chance that he'll recover enough to be a workable number 2. I wouldn't. There are so many concerns and doubts. He doesn't really look imposing enough. Doesn't look settled. Recovering the trust of team mates and fans would be an incredible and unlikely achievement for a young, hungry keeper. Even if he recovers to a decent level, he still has to prove he can adapt. His age and situation makes all this very unlikely. t stands I worry that his presence would be an unwelcome reminder of all the disasters. Who wants that in the dressing room?

Loan. Spain, France, South America. Please.

The reason people are defending him is in response to ridiculous assertions like his footwork is League One standard.

If you don't understand why he parried it you will never like a Keeper under Pep. Its that simple.

Genuine, non-aggressive question. How so? I'm really intrigued.

By the way, that parry is just a detail that I picked up on – although it wouldn't have been if the return shot had gone in – one of many that I could have cited over the whole season. As one other poster said, I don't hate Bravo, I don't jeer him. He has been a poor buy, as simple as that, good as he may have been at Barcelona and for Chile. By the way, all of this is purely academic. We will have another keeper, possibly Ederson, as sure as eggs is eggs next season. Because Willy isn't good enough for the very top level either. Pep made a mistake on Bravo, because Pep is a human being, and gets things wrong, despite having just been voted best coach in the world by 33 independent sports journalists.

I'd say it would be a good idea to split the Bravo topic in two. One for the pro sand one for the cons.
That way both parties can discuss with their own as they fail to agree on the man. Now you just see the same discussions coming back over and over again to reach boredom as watching grass grow during winter.
The number of pages is at least 3 times any other player. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.