Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guardian's Football Weekly podcast was talking him up quite a bit yesterday and discussing whether we would sign him.

I forget who but one journalist argued he is the best young keeper in the world and Barry Glendenning, a Sunderland fan, says he can't see any real flaws in his game.

When it was raised about joining us it was suggested that we wouldn't use his long passing skills with the style we play. Not so sure I agree with that, as Pep asks the keeper to play long diagonal balls as well as far as I can tell.

Wonder why we would let him go to Everton when he is young, has what Pep seems to be looking for in terms of ball with his feet, cannot cost more than 15m or if we are held to a randsom, 20m, has proven himself in the PL and will help our HG situation as he is English versus spending what we are hearing of say 40-50m on a foreign keeper who hasn't even performed in the PL (see Bravo), unless we are considering buying back Rulli, who also has still not played in the PL.

Okay, can he handle the pressure of being at a big club? Is that it? It seems like a no brainer to me given our needs and the market, so what's going on?

Or I wonder if it is maybe that his agent and Sunderland want to put it out that he's off to Everton to get more money out of us.

The Guardian's Football Weekly podcast was talking him up quite a bit yesterday and discussing whether we would sign him.

I forget who but one journalist argued he is the best young keeper in the world and Barry Glendenning, a Sunderland fan, says he can't see any real flaws in his game.

When it was raised about joining us it was suggested that we wouldn't use his long passing skills with the style we play. Not so sure I agree with that, as Pep asks the keeper to play long diagonal balls as well as far as I can tell.

Wonder why we would let him go to Everton when he is young, has what Pep seems to be looking for in terms of ball with his feet, cannot cost more than 15m or if we are held to a randsom, 20m, has proven himself in the PL and will help our HG situation as he is English versus spending what we are hearing of say 40-50m on a foreign keeper who hasn't even performed in the PL (see Bravo), unless we are considering buying back Rulli, who also has still not played in the PL.

Okay, can he handle the pressure of being at a big club? Is that it? It seems like a no brainer to me given our needs and the market, so what's going on?

Or I wonder if it is maybe that his agent and Sunderland want to put it out that he's off to Everton to get more money out of us.

I think we will buy him if possible as long as he is willing to start out as a number two. I agree that the more I read/hear about him the more there is to like and the less there is to not like.

I think we will buy him if possible as long as he is willing to start out as a number two. I agree that the more I read/hear about him the more there is to like and the less there is to not like.

Why does he have to be a #2? That's the part I don't quite get. Over who? Bravo? Willy?

He is better than both of them right now, if you ask me.

Why does he have to be a #2? That's the part I don't quite get. Over who? Bravo? Willy?

He is better than both of them right now, if you ask me.

Doesn't have to be, I just think he will be. Willy is out of contract, so Bravo. I personally don't think that Pep agrees with you. Perhaps I am wrong.

He's got a £30m pricetag on him now so I don't think we should buy him.

Seeing how far he's come only makes me ask why haven't we loaned Gunn out yet? He's 21 and was ahead of most of his peers at academy level and could be again once he steps up to full professional football.

We've also got Muric in the U18 squad who looks to have a winning mentality to me(I could see him being our No1 keeper one day), we don't need to be blowing £30m on a keeper that inexperienced because we have potential world class in our own ranks, it's either full world class or nothing for me for that price, with so many other positions to strengthen in we can't afford to pay for the finished article before we are getting the finished article.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.