Florida - Most cost effective way to visit..

Cityisland

Hi all,

Had some good feedback on here prior to a Gran Canaria trip so hoping that my brethren are able to offer some pears about Florida.

We are looking (me, wife and 3 kids) to go and the whole disney, universal joblot for three weeks. We are looking at November 2018 or around feb/ March 2019 for three weeks.

We have been quoted so far (based roughly on what you are able to price on this years prices) around £7500 for flights, hotel, care hire and tickets for all the parks we want) Thats before spending money, food etc.

Its a pricey destination I know, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice around bringing that price down.

We are open to staying in villas etc but it seems the price does not present significant savings.

Once we have established price etc we are going to invite family members (22 of us went to Gran Canaria, dont envisage that many).

Cheers

Yeah, Florida is overpriced. One piece of advice that I would give you is to keep the cars for the whole time. Don't try and mess about saving a few quid here or there by only having them on the days you think you'll use them.

Airline credit cards over here will often allow you to waive the insurance on your rental car, not sure if it's the case in the UK. That could save you a few quid.

That being said, I think £2500 a week is par for the course.

Have you factored in the cost of fines for your kids missing school? ;) If you don't care about when you take them out, avoid the last two weeks in November. Thanksgiving break could drive up the cost.

Jesus ! Is Florida worth 10 grand for 3 week's
After you add food, all those ice creams etc plus tips, petrol, drinks thats what it'll be.

You can reduce the price by taking flights to Dublin and then from Dublin to Orlando. Even cheaper if you are willing to fly to Germany first and then on to Orlando. Sign up for ticket companies and wait for a flash sale for Disney / universal tickets, 10% can save you £100's. Florida isn't cheap it memories last for ever and some are priceless. Seeing the faces on the kids faces when you get to Main Street, Magic Kingdom is worth much more than you would ever pay for a holiday. Go for it.

Have you thought of staying in Disney itself? We did it this year with the dining plan it's brilliant all the transport is free inside, also you get to book your rides 60 days prior to the trip that's 30 days before everyone else does and you will need to for the popular ones. Also you can use UBER to get about as well, bearing in mind it's $20 a day to park at the parks and your car is sat there all day I thought it would be a waste, if you plan to go further afield you could hire a car for a few days. We used netflights and went in Feb me wife and 4 year old. Cost £5500 including flights, basic resort hotel and dining plan and tickets for Disney for 2 weeks.

Florida a regular haunt for us, we have a timeshare there. It's getting to the point where it's getting ruined because GBP is on its arse.... hopefully when you go it will have recovered

All I'd say is don't go there unless you can splash the cash... if it's a one off then prepare to spend and you'll have a whale of a time

Interesting comments so far. It is alot of money but its the memories, as ABM stated.

Thanksgiving is not something we considered, thanks CVB.

BM - are park tickets included when you stay in disney hotels or is that on top? Just had that discussion with the mrs.

I've always found that Virgin is the most expensive airline and used Thomas Cook the last two times I visited
I also looked at the Dublin route but the fight times MCR/Dublin didn't suit

For flights put your details into Skyscanner and consider all, including routes such as
MCR-Paris- Orlando,
MCR-Amsterdam - Orlando
MCR- Atlanta- Orlando

If you need a car do a price comparison on Travel Supermarket, but you're not going to get any change out of £400

A great site for tips and links to special offers is, The Dibb

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/

Browsing that one year there was a link to an offer of a GMC SUV that cost less than £200 for two weeks
Fucking hell that was some vehicle. It made an X5 seem like a Fiesta

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.