Tomorrow Night Post Game

wolfie1988

We all want as many people in the ground to give Zaba a good send off as possible. Those with young kids who have school the next morning and those who have to catch trains etc. may not be able to stay behind.

The club, however, should do everything that they possibly can to ensure those that can and want to stay are not put off by the usual disappearance of the players for 20 minutes after the game. The lap of appreciation in the none title winning years have been nothing short of a joke IMO.

Tomorrow night, the players should remain on the pitch after the game and whatever they have planned should begin immediately. If the club fail to do this, unfortunately, people will leave. It's already going to be almost 10pm before the game finishes

Yeah, it always seems stupid that the players disappear for ages and then come back out when most people have left. They should try it do as soon after the whistle as possible tomorrow. I'm torn because I'm taking my lad and it's going to be late for him on a school night, but equally I want to stay behind and show my appreciation for Zabaleta.

Yeah, it always seems stupid that the players disappear for ages and then come back out when most people have left. They should try it do as soon after the whistle as possible tomorrow. I'm torn because I'm taking my lad and it's going to be late for him on a school night, but equally I want to stay behind and show my appreciation for Zabaleta.

I can write a note for his teacher if you want Ric? I've received enough over the years to be able to replicate one for you. :-)

Being serious though, I do agree with you that they should come out asap after the final whistle especially midweek. Last season was a disgrace and a better send off was the last away game!!

I can write a note for his teacher if you want Ric? I've received enough over the years to be able to replicate one for you. :-)

Being serious though, I do agree with you that they should come out asap after the final whistle especially midweek. Last season was a disgrace and a better send off was the last away game!!

The trouble with last season is that the club didn't communicate it very well that the players and manager would be re-appearing. Maybe they thought it was inappropriate as we were in the middle of a struggle to make top 4 and the 2-2 draw with Arsenal appeared to scupper our chances. The season before, despite it being a dead rubber against Saints, pretty much everyone stayed behind because the club had made a big deal beforehand that they were going to do something for Lampard.

I expect about 5,000 to stay around till about 11pm when the players and their entourages come back out for 5 minutes.

Can’t wait to wave and show my appreciation to Kolarovs Gran and Sagnas brother in law.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.