Spurs 2016/17

I've just watched The Lane The Finale.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Never really had a problem with Spurs (apart from when we played them - I despised them then) but the club put on a good show and it was great seeing players from the 70's and 80's and their songs aren't to bad either.

Like was posted earlier I enjoy their version of when the Spurs go marching in.

Really liked their fans at the Etihad!

I've just watched The Lane The Finale.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Never really had a problem with Spurs (apart from when we played them - I despised them then) but the club put on a good show and it was great seeing players from the 70's and 80's and their songs aren't to bad either.

Like was posted earlier I enjoy their version of when the Spurs go marching in.

Really liked their fans at the Etihad!
Haha quality ;)

look at your rival arsenal new stadium no league title for how long?? its the investment that the team lose on the field you can not balance them both and in the end you end up selling your best players to fund a manager. the only thing i every listen to and is right from fergie was the 3 year plan you have to build a new team every 3 years 6 or 7 players in and the old out if your team stands still for any longer they lose the hunger

look spurs have a great manager and a very good squad but that's not enough you have to win when its your time and the rest are in transition leicester city did it and spurs should have done it. chelsea was not the team many are making out but got over the line that's what the big times do they win titles only 1 good signing a world class striker and spurs would have got over the line that 20 goals is the key to titles them tight away games when you just need that bit more. spurs and the manger will know it goals win titles and turn a draw into a win

spurs have had 2 seasons now and you think the others will not get better even take a couple of players from spurs and next season wembley will be 19 cup finals for the visitors the lower to midtable teams dreams of playing at wembley will happen and spurs will get sick of teams rocking up wanting a cup final and beating you

Everyone was telling Spurs that they had missed their chance to establish themselves in the top four when they sold Modric. Then again when they sold Bale. Then they were told that they'd missed their only chance to win the title last season. And once more, now that they've finished second to Chelsea this season. Funny how no one says the same about other clubs forever missing their chance.

As to Wembley, as many mid to lower table teams will be overawed by it as inspired by it. And those that are inspired might just play into Spurs' hands. It will likely make them more gung-ho and thus easier to break down.

The stadium is going to hinder your ability to compete if anything for the next 10 years or so - the extra revenue generated won't cover the repayments from what's been briefed to the media re the costs.
I'd say if you could get an honest answer from Levy he'd be absolutely ecstatic just to tread water over that period by finishing top 4 in most seasons and that won't be what he's budgeting for.

The new stadium will have 6K extra (and much more expensive) hospitality seats; a further general access increase of 19K; some 16 non football events per annum (as opposed to none previously); and up to £20m per annum in naming rights. So even a conservative estimate would see Spurs' stadium related income rise by £60m per annum. And that will comfortably cover interest and repayment, with money to spare.

Besides which, Spurs have run an incredibly tight ship for the past 8-10 years or so while still growing and challenging. They also have an excellent academy to supplement the first team. And unlike at Chelsea or Man City, who between them have the best two academies, the pathway to Spurs' first team is understandably easier and consequently better established.

Agreed, though, that Levy's principle aim in the short to medium term will be to consolidate as a top four club while winning the occasional trophy.

haha, agree, cringing, nicked from the saints and it sounds f*cking awful.

Every club nicks songs from other clubs. And back in the 70's / 80's, fans of loads of clubs sang 'Oh when the _______ go marching in' and even 'You'll never walk alone'.

The new stadium will have 6K extra (and much more expensive) hospitality seats; a further general access increase of 19K; some 16 non football events per annum (as opposed to none previously); and up to £20m per annum in naming rights. So even a conservative estimate would see Spurs' stadium related income rise by £60m per annum. And that will comfortably cover interest and repayment, with money to spare.
£60m sounds a bit optimistic tbh, but even then the stadium is estimated to be costing around a billion at this stage, that's 17 or so years paying it off where it won't benefit you financially before interest.

Edit: most clubs don't make £40m in matchday income and £20m a year for naming rights is excessive when UEFA have it banned from European competition.

Everyone was telling Spurs that they had missed their chance to establish themselves in the top four when they sold Modric. Then again when they sold Bale. Then they were told that they'd missed their only chance to win the title last season. And once more, now that they've finished second to Chelsea this season. Funny how no one says the same about other clubs forever missing their chance.

As to Wembley, as many mid to lower table teams will be overawed by it as inspired by it. And those that are inspired might just play into Spurs' hands. It will likely make them more gung-ho and thus easier to break down.

Besides which, Spurs have run an incredibly tight ship for the past 8-10 years or so while still growing and challenging. They also have an excellent academy to supplement the first team. And unlike at Chelsea or Man City, who between them have the best two academies, the pathway to Spurs' first team is understandably easier and consequently better established.

Agreed, though, that Levy's principle aim in the short to medium term will be to consolidate as a top four club while winning the occasional trophy.

Every club nicks songs from other clubs. And back in the 70's / 80's, fans of loads of clubs sang 'Oh when the _______ go marching in' and even 'You'll never walk alone'.
All well and good, but their fans wear espadrilles.

There's no guarantee you'll have anyone of Kane's standard come through again for a long while, can't rely on it. If your transfer business is as good as the last couple of summers though you won't have to.

It's just the trophies you've to figure out then?

;)

£60m sounds a bit optimistic tbh, but even then the stadium is estimated to be costing around a billion at this stage, that's 17 or so years paying it off where it won't benefit you financially before interest.

Edit: most clubs don't make £40m in matchday income and £20m a year for naming rights is excessive when UEFA have it banned from European competition.

There are a lot of tall tales going around about how much the stadium will cost. Most of them were put out there by Spurs! Essentially, it was in their interest to paint the financial situation in the worst possible light in order to wring every last ounce of cooperation out of the various authorities. But Levy has recently admitted that it is the entire project cost, which includes some of the enabling development, that has risen to £750-800m. Still a huge amount, of course. But bear in mind that a large chunk of it - namely, the property acquisition costs of some £150m - have already been paid. It's also worth remembering that borrowing is still historically cheap - especially if you have a reputation for financial prudence and probity (as Levy does) and if your biggest shareholder is as well connected as Joe Lewis.

I'm not sure what you mean by UEFA having banned naming rights from their competitions. I haven't noticed the Etihad, Emirates or Allianz stadiums being referred by other names for European games. But I'm happy to be pointed in the direction of any article that supports your claim and proves that I haven't been paying attention. A quick google search turned up nothing for me. Besides which, it is the NFL partnership that will make Spurs' new stadium especially interesting to sponsors. That's what Levy's banking on anyway.

There's no guarantee you'll have anyone of Kane's standard come through again for a long while, can't rely on it. If your transfer business is as good as the last couple of summers though you won't have to.

No guarantees, of course. But Spurs have some very good players in their academy and an established pathway to the first team. That second point is crucial. I don't believe that English players are so very much worse than their European counterparts. It's just that far too many of the best young players are at clubs that cannot give them meaningful time on the pitch for the first team. So they stagnate. Unlike their continental counterparts, they fail to fulfil their potential.

It's just the trophies you've to figure out then?

;)

Indeed!

I'm not sure what you mean by UEFA having banned naming rights from their competitions. I haven't noticed the Etihad, Emirates or Allianz stadiums
City of Manchester, London and Olympic (?) Stadiums respectively, also the Aviva in Dublin is Lansdowne Road. Westfalion for Dortmund. All non UEFA sponsors are kept as far away from their competitions as possible.
There are a lot of tall tales going around about how much the stadium will cost. Most of them were put out there by Spurs! Essentially, it was in their interest to paint the financial situation in the worst possible light in order to wring every last ounce of cooperation out of the various authorities. But Levy has recently admitted that it is the entire project cost, which includes some of the enabling development, that has risen to £750-800m. Still a huge amount, of course. But bear in mind that a large chunk of it - namely, the property acquisition costs of some £150m - have already been paid. It's also worth remembering that borrowing is still historically cheap - especially if you have a reputation for financial prudence and probity (as Levy does) and if your biggest shareholder is as well connected as Joe Lewis
Even in your best possible scenario there you're looking at a ten year period of zero financial advantage mate, which is pretty much what I was saying to the other lad. The challenge is making sure you're in a position in 2028/29 to take advantage of it once the repayments are done (I'm presuming a ten year payoff here as I think it makes sense).

even there own boss Mauricio Pochettino says it how it is
Mauricio Pochettino: Tottenham will not compete with richer clubs over huge wages

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39956996

spurs will sell sell sell before they gamble on a player and with 6 other big clubs who will spurs will always come up short

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.