Joshua Kimmich

Could always be Renato Sanches who is most under threat by Goretzka's arrival. Not really worked out for him there so far, although obviously he's still very young.

Yesterday, I saw there was this widely circulated:

What I didn't see was that it's not the full quote:

and this one:

"If I manage to establish myself as a regular starter at Bayern, then my goal is to stay here for a long time"

If that's not a "I want to be guaranteed a starting position or else I'm leaving" comment then i don't know what is.

Raphael Honigstein wrote about it yesterday:

Stuttgarter Zeitung might have overreached by reporting Kimmich's exit this summer as a foregone conclusion -- Bayern are adamant that he won't be sold -- but the frustration felt by the 22-year-old is very real.

A lack of game time, combined with Ancelotti's standard training drills that don't do much for a young player's tactical and technical education, have resulted in a lost year for the German international and Kimmich is wary of a similar fate next season. Sanches and Kingsley Coman are in the same position.

Bayern sympathise and are aware of the problem but have to publicly back their coach, for one more year at least. It is German football's increasingly worst-kept secret that 29-year-old Hoffenheim prodigy Julian Nagelsmann is on standby to take over in 2018, when Bayern's transition will be even more drastic following the likely departures of Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery.

In the meantime, a decision has been made to strengthen the squad with at least one marquee signing, to compensate for the fact that Ancelotti has not shown himself much as mentor for young players needing direction and practical advice.
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/germ...ssure-is-on-carlo-ancelotti-and-bayern-munich

For the last few months, Ancelotti has played 4231 to get Muller in the team. That means Kimmich is competing with Thiago, Vidal and Renato Sanches, plus the incoming Rudy and Goretzka, with Martinez probably moving into midfield now that Sule is coming in to join Hummels and Boateng as well.

I really think if we play this one right we might manage to steal him.

Could always be Renato Sanches who is most under threat by Goretzka's arrival. Not really worked out for him there so far, although obviously he's still very young.

They spent (up to) €80m on him last summer, I don't think they can justify offloading him after just one season. Plus I think if we've got a chance, we'll be playing off the attitude they seem to have that being at Bayern is a great honour, and if you don't want to be there, they aren't going to keep hold of some ungrateful bastard.

Sanches seems happy there, so I don't think they'd sell.

Yup. Kicker saying that If Bayern receive €35m offer for Sanches they will most likely accept it.

Yup. Kicker saying that If Bayern receive €35m offer for Sanches they will most likely accept it.

If that's true then I'd bite their hand off. Not entirely sure where he'd fit in, or if he'd suit the base of midfield, but a player as promising as him for 2 technically skilled, powerful and fast as him for £30m would be a bargain.

Really hope he doesn't end up at the Rags, they must be favourites for him after last summer.

But they aren't pushing him out. It's Kimmich who is upset with the current lack of playing time.
They weren't really pushing Kroos out either, they just didn't want to pay him the amount of money Kroos wanted for a new contract, and thus he left. In the end it was a lack of appreciation for Kroos that made him leave. It looks a little bit the same with Kimmich.

As I see it, Sanches will be sold or sent on loan regardless of new purchases. Signing him was a mistake, it's more or less clear now.
Alonso is retiring, so Goretzka, Kimmich, Rudy, Thiago, Vidal (and in some cases Muller) will compete for 3 places. Besides, both Kimmich and Rudy can play RB .
They weren't really pushing Kroos out either, they just didn't want to pay him the amount of money Kroos wanted for a new contract, and thus he left. In the end it was a lack of appreciation for Kroos that made him leave. It looks a little bit the same with Kimmich.
Kroos' contract was expiring (1 year), Kimmich has 3 years remaining, that's the difference. I personally think this transfer is impossible.

If that's true then I'd bite their hand off. Not entirely sure where he'd fit in, or if he'd suit the base of midfield, but a player as promising as him for 2 technically skilled, powerful and fast as him for £30m would be a bargain.

Really hope he doesn't end up at the Rags, they must be favourites for him after last summer.
And pretty dumb. Pep doesn't need physical beasts without brains, it's the exact opposite of what Cruyff's school favours.

And pretty dumb. Pep doesn't need physical beasts without brains, it's the exact opposite of what Cruyff's school favours.

Dumb? What makes you say that? He certainly wasn't dumb last season, he was full of intelligent play.

Benfica aren't renowned for creating stupid footballers either, and Bayern Munich aren't renowned for smashing their transfer record on dumb footballers, nor is Micahel Reshke renowned for buying players who aren't intelligent.

Mourinho also not famous for trying to sign stupid players with not tactical intelligence either, yet Sanches was his first choice last summer.

Reminds me of when people used to think Yaya was just a physical beast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.