Pep: I would have been sacked at Barca or Bayern.

Nah mate. People bristle when things like "he underestimated Boro" are stated as fact. As OB1 says Mancini was accused of it Pellegrini and now Pep. It's a lazy assertion which weirdly is never leveled at British managers.
I stated it as an option Billy not a fact and it's got nothing to do with him not being British, your opinion is he got it wrong which he did, neither of us know the reason why, he made the right changes at half time. It's his first year in the PL and anyone thinking there wouldn't be a learning curve is in cloud cuckoo land imo, I still think we'll get 3rd which considering certain things this season and the style we've played football at times I'm more than happy with.

I stated it as an option Billy not a fact and it's got nothing to do with him not being British, your opinion is he got it wrong which he did, neither of us know the reason why, he made the right changes at half time. It's his first year in the PL and anyone thinking there wouldn't be a learning curve is in cloud cuckoo land imo, I still think we'll get 3rd which considering certain things this season and the style we've played football at times I'm more than happy with.

I think we're in almost total agreement and it's why when I said in my initial post that I wasn't particularly talking about you. Plenty have stated it as fact that Peps underestimated the PL OR overestimated his ability. Both things are just another way of saying he's arrogant to the detriment of the club. I don't agree with that. Managers make decisions. Some right some wrong and they are all constantly learning. Can't imagine many if any learn by underestimating the opponent.

Players have to rotated.... well, apart from perhaps Chelsea who won the league with more points than we have ever finished with

Chelsea are on 90 points and have the opportunity to finish on 93.

That's two points short of the record they set in 04/05 when they played 30 different players with 530 appearances between them.

This season they've used 22 players with 407 appearances between them.

In other words, just because you've noticed that they've done something we haven't, it doesn't mean that is what has made the difference. I'd argue that playing in a different shade of blue is just as relevant.

Only Leicester last season and Chelsea this have won the Premier league whilst not playing in Europe.

So the last 2 then where its been generally accepted that a season without Europe is a genuine advantage over the squads having to compete on all fronts?

So the last 2 then where its been generally accepted that a season without Europe is a genuine advantage over the squads having to compete on all fronts?
Not really as it's almost certain the winner of next seasons Premier league will be playing in Europe or is your money on Bournemouth to win it ?

Not really as it's almost certain the winner of next seasons Premier league will be playing in Europe or is your money on Bournemouth to win it ?

Well firstly lets wait and see what next season brings but i will actually go with you and agree that next season's winner should come from this seasons top 4 but if they do, i will wager the points total to win it will be well down because of the extra pressure on players and squads.

Well firstly lets wait and see what next season brings but i will actually go with you and agree that next season's winner should come from this seasons top 4 but if they do, i will wager the points total to win it will be well down because of the extra pressure on players and squads.
Let's just hope we are challenging because in terms of winning the league our last three attempts have been pathetic

Let's just hope we are challenging because in terms of winning the league our last three attempts have been pathetic

I dont subscribe to the pathetic claim I'm afraid.

When we won the league twice where all our challengers also pathetic?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.