Luton away fan ban 80's

I was at Ibrox for Rangers v Aberdeen (Souness' first goal for Rangers) on the same day that City played at Luton. I'm guessing it was around September/October 1986
The City directors had boycotted Kenilworth Road, and there was an embarrassing public slanging match between Evans and Swales on Football Focus.
Both were pricks, and neither gained any credit.
At least Evans had the dignity of not having a full-on combover.

It makes me chuckle when people moan about the egomaniacs who own football clubs today, like it's something new!

Definitely banned in 86-87 (Swales and the City directors didn't attend in protest).
We were still banned after returning to the old First division, but to be fair to the Luton fans, they used to sort a few tickets for visiting supporters.
I definitely remember a game when Redmond scored,where a local had sold us a couple of tickets in the home end, just before kick off.
I was in the home end that day. Ended 1-1 I think

I was at Ibrox for Rangers v Aberdeen (Souness' first goal for Rangers) on the same day that City played at Luton. I'm guessing it was around September/October 1986
The City directors had boycotted Kenilworth Road, and there was an embarrassing public slanging match between Evans and Swales on Football Focus.
Both were pricks, and neither gained any credit.

Late September '86 IIRC. City were the first team to play there after the ban came in.

I feel I have to defend Swales here. Believe me, I had very little time for him but that day on Football Focus was about the only time I was in his corner. He was backing the right of the fans to watch their team but unfortunately Evans, being far better at this kind of thing, had Swales on the ropes despite coming across as an utter **** in the process.

The ban was for league games only, hence why we got an allocation of tickets for that League Cup game in 1988.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.