Pep: I would have been sacked at Barca or Bayern.

It's been great the last few years, just saying though that in the last 6 seasons we have won the league twice but in the other 4 we've been miles off, leading to last and this season needing something to get top 4 in the last game, not good enough in my book.

I think 2 league titles, 2 league cups and FA cup, CL semi final and numerous trips to Wembley along with some of the best football i have ever witnessed is more than good enough since the takeover with more to come.

Whilst ^ smashing Traffords 50 0dd yr goals in a season record.

Jesus wept, this thread is fucking incredible. Some proper crap posted on here. I'll never get the 10 mins back I've just spent reading the last 10/15 pages, lol.

Jesus wept, this thread is fucking incredible. Some proper crap posted on here. I'll never get the 10 mins back I've just spent reading the last 10/15 pages, lol.

Bollox, i really tried my best with some of these posts as well! ;-)

It's been great the last few years, just saying though that in the last 6 seasons we have won the league twice but in the other 4 we've been miles off, leading to last and this season needing something to get top 4 in the last game, not good enough in my book.
It's true we haven't really challenged for it on the times we haven't won it in the last 6 seasons, but we've won it twice and finished 2nd twice, last seasons finishing tally was bad but if we win at Watford 78pts is normally enough to finish 2nd when one team runs away with it(71pts last season). I say this because although we are playing for 3rd up until the last game it's not normally the case when you have this many points.

It could be better but we're not doing that badly, we aren't the only ones spending and it's not always about what you spend as Leicester proved to every top 6 team... we can't just point at what we spent and "calculate" how many titles that should translate to and we are unfairly singled out for that type of thing.

Is it that black and white for you?

Dont win the league = managers fault every time?

Have key injuries done for us this season?

Has some of the most dubious officiating done for us this season?

Has Chelsea just having a fantastic season done for us and everyone else for that matter?

If I could post pictures and all that stuff...

bitmap< NAIL_ON_HEAD gif >@old-people-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clapping-in-a-theatre.com

It's true we haven't really challenged for it on the times we haven't won it in the last 6 seasons, but we've won it twice and finished 2nd twice, last seasons finishing tally was bad but if we win at Watford 78pts is normally enough to finish 2nd when one team runs away with it(71pts last season). I say this because although we are playing for 3rd up until the last game it's not normally the case when you have this many points.

It could be better but we're not doing that badly, we aren't the only ones spending and it's not always about what you spend as Leicester proved to every top 6 team... we can't just point at what we spent and "calculate" how many titles that should translate to and we are unfairly singled out for that type of thing.
You sound like Wenger

You sound like Wenger
Not really, he justifies not spending as reason to be happy with a CL place, we've actually won it(the PL) twice and been runners up twice. I'm just not being a drama queen about it and using a bit of common sense(was anything I said wrong? Take note of the last paragraph especially)... some of the flappers should try a bit of that.

Last edited:
Not really, he justifies not spending as reason to be happy with a CL place, we've actually won it(the PL) twice and been runners up twice. I'm just not being a drama queen about it and using a bit of common sense(was anything I said wrong? Take note of the last paragraph especially)... some of the flappers should try a bit of that.
Mentioning points accrued from previous seasons means nothing whatsoever, I don't see how we can win it twice and be nowhere near in the other four.

Mentioning points accrued from previous seasons means nothing whatsoever, I don't see how we can win it twice and be nowhere near in the other four.
Yes it does, it means people around us have been getting stronger, the league has become more competitive and that we aren't the only ones spending to improve our squad... oh and our defence has been getting weaker even though we've been trying to spend on that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.