Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to do things the hard way too often. Easy to forgive with his ability but it's frustrating all the same.
I understand where youre coming from,he can improve his decision making,especially in regards to 'overplaying' - however,at this stage of his development,i'd hate for his natural instincts and ability to be shackled in any way.....he is a special talent and only experience will teach him what he's lacking while strengthening any weaknesses.

Still trying to do things the hard way too often. Easy to forgive with his ability but it's frustrating all the same.

I disagree mate, i think he is always looking for a man in space but obviously it's not going to be on all the time.

I think that video's great. Yeah, not everything he tries comes off, but to me he's a percentages player. He's more like KDB in terms of his output than Silva, in the way that he'll attempt that dribble, shot or final pass a little more directly. He may end up having a lower pass percentage, but he's clearly a threat. Don't get me wrong, I know he's not like KDB stylistically, but then again I don't think he's Silva-like either and he gets that comparison.

I think he's had a relatively muted EDS season by his standards, but it wasn't helped by the fact that he spent barely any of it playing in his preferred no.10 role, and Fernandes was there instead. Fernandes, as good a right winger and as talented as his is, simpy isn't anything like a 10. He crowded others and failed to take control of games. Brahim was constantly spinning and driving at Brentford's defence and they were terrified of him. Raw, yes, but he doesn't turn 18 until August. It's exactly what you expect for someone of his age. I think he'll get stronger still and over time he'll mature with his decision making.

At youth level I'd rather him put everything on the table and make mistakes, then Pep can start to educate him in pre-season and he can gain an insight in when to use them.

No substitute for knowledge and experience, I'd much rather that than most other academies which just regiment their players into playing a set style to try and get by and win at all costs. We then get shite like the Rags at first team level and the national team suffers.

I understand where youre coming from,he can improve his decision making,especially in regards to 'overplaying' - however,at this stage of his development,i'd hate for his natural instincts and ability to be shackled in any way.....he is a special talent and only experience will teach him what he's lacking while strengthening any weaknesses.
Agree with that mostly and he does play with his head up, just think that's one area of his game that can improve a lot and nothing will keep him out of the first team once it does.

I think that video's great. Yeah, not everything he tries comes off, but to me he's a percentages player. He's more like KDB in terms of his output than Silva, in the way that he'll attempt that dribble, shot or final pass a little more directly. He may end up having a lower pass percentage, but he's clearly a threat. Don't get me wrong, I know he's not like KDB stylistically, but then again I don't think he's Silva-like either and he gets that comparison.

I think he's had a relatively muted EDS season by his standards, but it wasn't helped by the fact that he spent barely any of it playing in his preferred no.10 role, and Fernandes was there instead. Fernandes, as good a right winger and as talented as his is, simpy isn't anything like a 10. He crowded others and failed to take control of games. Brahim was constantly spinning and driving at Brentford's defence and they were terrified of him. Raw, yes, but he doesn't turn 18 until August. It's exactly what you expect for someone of his age. I think he'll get stronger still and over time he'll mature with his decision making.

Played a fair bit at striker when Nmecha was injured too, which didn't do much except really highlight that he's not a striker.

I think he needs a better challenge, either promotion at City or a good loan, to a proper football team, not a bunch of long ball merchants, & I think it needs to happen immediately, or he will lose his spark, like Barker & start to dick about.

Disagree completely. Brahim's mentality is the exact opposite of Barker....he exudes passion, enthusiasm and fighting spirit compared to the lethargy often shown by Barker. You make a good point about a possible loan....agree that it must be to a proper football team.

Disagree completely. Brahim's mentality is the exact opposite of Barker....he exudes passion, enthusiasm and fighting spirit compared to the lethargy often shown by Barker. You make a good point about a possible loan....agree that it must be to a proper football team.

I`d send him to Celtic. Roberts seem to have found his feet there

I`d send him to Celtic. Roberts seem to have found his feet there

I think that's a good shout....
Celtic played some great football tonight notwithstanding the quality of the opposition.
He would most probably also get a lot of the ball to hone his Messi like skills....haha. Celtic seem to dominate possession and it would be really interesting to see his progress under Brendan Rodgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.