Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The premier league is a lot different to other leagues

No, it's not, stop swallowing everything Sky feed you. Every player and manager that comes over here says, when asked that the league isn't harder.

Bravo was a great keeper, tested at the highest level internationally, but he had a bad start lost all confidence and got stuck.

That could happen to any signing.

No, it's not, stop swallowing everything Sky feed you. Every player and manager that comes over here says, when asked that the league isn't harder.

Bravo was a great keeper, tested at the highest level internationally, but he had a bad start lost all confidence and got stuck.

That could happen to any signing.

Of course it's different league to others I didn't state harder

It's more physical and faster paced than many

Of course it's different league to others I didn't state harder

It's more physical and faster paced than many
All this stuff about the PL being more physical is just bollocks really. It's as if English footballers are the strongest and most physical footballers around, and the Spanish or Italian footballers are a bunch of wuss that aren't physically able to put in a tackle. The English ref swallows the whistle a little bit more than abroad but that's pretty much it. European players are just as strong as the English, they'll be just fine.This 'physicality' means even less to GKs. So it's not a problem really. Bravo shitting the bed isn't because of physicality.

Keep seeing rumored fee's at35-40. But can we not just buy back Rulli for 14? Im not sure how it all works with that deal but it would make more sense to me if we can.

Keep seeing rumored fee's at35-40. But can we not just buy back Rulli for 14? Im not sure how it all works with that deal but it would make more sense to me if we can.
We can but it seems that we rate Ederson as the better keeper. Rulli has games where he is outstanding, usually against Barcelona but the rest of the time he isn't great and concedes some very easy goals.

We can only trigger our buyback clause for Rulli next summer iirc, I don't know about you but I'm not up for another season of Bravo as #1.

All this stuff about the PL being more physical is just bollocks really. It's as if English footballers are the strongest and most physical footballers around, and the Spanish or Italian footballers are a bunch of wuss that aren't physically able to put in a tackle. The English ref swallows the whistle a little bit more than abroad but that's pretty much it. European players are just as strong as the English, they'll be just fine.This 'physicality' means even less to GKs. So it's not a problem really. Bravo shitting the bed isn't because of physicality.
TBF there are practices allowed in the PL like challenging at corners that would usually be given as fouls in Spain but English refs do not penalise. I imagine that must take a bit of adjusting for a keeper. Bravo is a relatively small keeper.

Completely disagree.

Half the teams in England are set up to play for the second ball, West Brom, Palace, even United. They play it long to a huge, physical number 9 who's job it is to use his physicality to win the ball off a strong and physical centre half, then hold it up with strength, or knock it back in to midfield where midfielders dive in to try and win the second ball against their opposite number midfielder who is trying to exactly the same.

Similar things happen off every corner, set piece and throw ins.

I can't think of a single team in Italy, Spain or Germany that plays in that manner and relies so much on physicality and aggression. Guardiola has said himself there's no point in pressing high in England because teams will just go long and fight for the second ball.

Unfortunately, physicality still plays a huge part in English football, far more than the other top European leagues, and especially goal keepers.

Completely disagree.

Half the teams in England are set up to play for the second ball, West Brom, Palace, even United. They play it long to a huge, physical number 9 who's job it is to use his physicality to win the ball off a strong and physical centre half, then hold it up with strength, or knock it back in to midfield where midfielders dive in to try and win the second ball against their opposite number midfielder who is trying to exactly the same.

Similar things happen off every corner, set piece and throw ins.

I can't think of a single team in Italy, Spain or Germany that plays in that manner and relies so much on physicality and aggression. Guardiola has said himself there's no point in pressing high in England because teams will just go long and fight for the second ball

Unfortunately, physicality still plays a huge part in English football, far more than the other top European leagues, and especially goal keepers.
Even if we agreed on the bolded portion, how does that lead to a conclusion of "especially goalkeeper"? Almost all of What you've described previous affects keepers the least.

And for the record you can and should press teams Premiership or otherwise. And no they can't go long, as that's precisely what the press prevents. It is easier to go long when you don't press.

Even if we agreed on the bolded portion, how does that lead to a conclusion of "especially goalkeeper"? Almost all of What you've described previous affects keepers the least.

And for the record you can and should press teams Premiership or otherwise. And no they can't go long, as that's precisely what the press prevents. It is easier to go long when you don't press.

No. The idea of the press is to stop the opposition from having a good build up. No press means more time on the ball to pick a good pass. That's why the press is more successful on the continent because teams don't want to play long, they want to feed the ball in to midfield, but pressing them makes that harder.

In England, according to Pep himself, pressing high is less effective because teams are happy to just launch the ball long. They're not interested in feeding the ball in to midfield. They're happy to play percentages, knock it long to the number 9 and fight for a second ball.

The physicality of the goalkeeper doesn't really come in to this aspect of the game. It's the corners, set pieces and throw ins where keeper's physicality is important. Balls get tossed in to the box and the bigger, more aggressive players (including keepers) tend to be more successful.

One of the reasons why punching is more popular on the continent is because the second ball isn't as important. English teams are experts at scoring off the second ball, so punching is much riskier. To be able to catch crosses in a crowded penalty area requires greater physical strength and aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.