Matchday Metrolink Season Ticket

q3iCWqE.jpg

;-)

I know! I know!!!!

So are you saying that trams from Ashton don't stop outside asda after the game?

They stop, but the doors don't open - or certainly when I have decided to go there instead I have been ushered away by Metro staff telling me the stop is closed on matchdays, both ways.

I know! I know!!!!

They stop, but the doors don't open - or certainly when I have decided to go there instead I have been ushered away by Metro staff telling me the stop is closed on matchdays, both ways.

Velopark stop is open before games, use it myself to walk over the bridge then I walk round the stadium 5 or 6 times a season just to remind me how far City have moved the area on since moving from Maine Road.

Velopark stop is open before games, use it myself to walk over the bridge then I walk round the stadium 5 or 6 times a season just to remind me how far City have moved the area on since moving from Maine Road.

Sorry, I meant after the game they are closed - I have also used Velo pre game to nip to Asda

Opted for the tram as a means of getting to and fro a few years back after various pain in the arse episodes taking the car. Just renewed the SC and got the metrolink card as well. Works out roughly the same, probably cheaper than paying on a match by match basis. Usually walk to Piccadilly after the game but apparently there is a fast track lane if you have the metrolink card to bypass the huge queues at the Etihad. Anyone any info on this bit?

Opted for the tram as a means of getting to and fro a few years back after various pain in the arse episodes taking the car. Just renewed the SC and got the metrolink card as well. Works out roughly the same, probably cheaper than paying on a match by match basis. Usually walk to Piccadilly after the game but apparently there is a fast track lane if you have the metrolink card to bypass the huge queues at the Etihad. Anyone any info on this bit?
Yes there's a fast track lane which is for metro link season card holders only. Works well despite some hassle from normal ticket holders about who can use it.

Yes there's a fast track lane which is for metro link season card holders only. Works well despite some hassle from normal ticket holders about who can use it.
Cheers. I presume by hassle you mean being scorned by getting to the front of the queue. Should be fun.

Bought me and Mrs F one. We only use it from Picc and will probably lose out financially, but it means we can use the fast track so we can leave early, later!

It's the early leavers that cause the big queues for the tram (no shit Sherlock, I hear you cry). I walked out the East Stand after the Zab stay behind to hardly any queue and straight onto a tram that was being held until full - which also helped no doubt.

Last edited:
If you end up missing one game during the season, the savings are basically wiped out.

It's worth it if you're making use of the express queue after the match, but I stopped buying one because they would no longer allow me to use that while accompanied by somebody with a travel pass (who would clearly have no reason to buy a Metrolink season ticket). So if you're accompanied by somebody who is somehow disabled or perhaps elderly, it's pointless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.