A stint in Darwin, OZ

My daughter has recently had a cousin, her partner and daughter from Oz (she was born in England but emigrated when two) was staying with her for a month. They've now returned to Oz but are desparate to return here permanently. Mainly because of the weather! They were here during a very mild April which they much preferred to the 45 degree centigrade temerature they'd left behind, which had made her almost housebound for the previous two months. She also liked the fact that not every car journey was for at least an hour, the much lower cost of living and loved the NHS (her daughter had a minor accident).
This seems a random contribution to this thread?

We had 4 weeks there in 2013, starting and finishing in Darwin but going via Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield NP and a couple of other places.

First stop out of Darwin was a campsite at Mary River, but a few weeks later this happened.

http://www.news.com.au/national/mar...t/news-story/9ac541b75fd0f33d07037a1c8aaeb8c5

He was a Darwin resident too, not some dumb tourist, so he should have known better really.

My daughter has recently had a cousin, her partner and daughter from Oz (she was born in England but emigrated when two) was staying with her for a month. They've now returned to Oz but are desparate to return here permanently. Mainly because of the weather! They were here during a very mild April which they much preferred to the 45 degree centigrade temerature they'd left behind, which had made her almost housebound for the previous two months. She also liked the fact that not every car journey was for at least an hour, the much lower cost of living and loved the NHS (her daughter had a minor accident).
I'm on holiday in the UK atm from Oz, I find the UK very expensive
Also in 30 years living in Brisbane I've never seen 45 degrees, 45 would be an absolute freak in Brisbane or Sydney, in fact you could live in an English climate in hobart.
If every car journey is an hour she must live pretty remotely ,here on the Gold Coast I can walk to almost everything
We have our own NHS, called medicare, free for everyone

We had 4 weeks there in 2013, starting and finishing in Darwin but going via Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield NP and a couple of other places.

First stop out of Darwin was a campsite at Mary River, but a few weeks later this happened.

http://www.news.com.au/national/mar...t/news-story/9ac541b75fd0f33d07037a1c8aaeb8c5

He was a Darwin resident too, not some dumb tourist, so he should have known better really.

So a dumb local then !?

Would that make him a Darwin Darwin Award recipient?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.