Lucas Hernandez

Does Lucas Hernandez have a release clause? If we meet that release clause, club cant stop him leaving?

Does Lucas Hernandez have a release clause? If we meet that release clause, club cant stop him leaving?

He does, but we appear to have a gentleman's agreement with Atletico not to trigger it and they will sell him to us at a reduced price next year when they can acquire a replacement.

@BlueDeadHead I don't have a clue in what had happened off the field either with his girlfriend, but something just doesn't sit right with me with Hernandez. But if the club wants to sign him, and he can work with what we have already got then fair enough

@BlueDeadHead don't have a clue in what had happened off the field either with his girlfriend, but something just doesn't sit right with me with Hernandez. But if the club wants to sign him and he can work with what we have already got then fair enough

Hopefully that still stands if he has a blinding season...

He does, but we appear to have a gentleman's agreement with Atletico not to trigger it and they will sell him to us at a reduced price next year when they can acquire a replacement.

Thanks mate....problem with these "gentleman's agreements" is they dont always work out.....I rememebr reading (I think it was on here) that we had a "gentleman's agreement" with Sandro to let his final year run down on his contract and sign with us the following summer but Juve came in and did the deal ahead of us. Lucas might have a world class season and be at the top of everyone's shopping list next summer...I always feel, if you are 100% locked into a player and have a long term plan for him, make the deal.....(especially when we talking 2.5mil difference)

Thanks mate....problem with these "gentleman's agreements" is they dont always work out.....I rememebr reading (I think it was on here) that we had a "gentleman's agreement" with Sandro to let his final year run down on his contract and sign with us the following summer but Juve came in and did the deal ahead of us. Lucas might have a world class season and be at the top of everyone's shopping list next summer...I always feel, if you are 100% locked into a player and have a long term plan for him, make the deal.....(especially when we talking 2.5mil difference)

That's true, but it could present a struggle to convince Hernandez to leave Atleti high-and-dry regardless. Like Griezmann, he probably would be reluctant to move on from the club when they can't sign a replacement.

If nothing else, this builds considerable good will between City and Atleti and hey, his release clause is only 5m more than what we are reporting to spend, so we can always trigger that next season if necessary.

Hopefully it means we've got a Bonucci or VVD coming in for now ;)

That's true, but it could present a struggle to convince Hernandez to leave Atleti high-and-dry regardless. Like Griezmann, he probably would be reluctant to move on from the club when they can't sign a replacement.

If nothing else, this builds considerable good will between City and Atleti and hey, his release clause is only 5m more than what we are reporting to spend, so we can always trigger that next season if necessary.

Hopefully it means we've got a Bonucci or VVD coming in for now ;)

Cheers mate.....maybe VVD rumours will now start to increase!;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.