Need a recommendation for a scan for my phone

dickie davies

From flat earth & I'm a c*nt (says @ LongsightM13)
This only happens when I'm browsing bluemoon on my phone. It doesn't happen on any other webite

After a few minutes a "Google Win" page takes over asking four questions to win a Samsung or IPhone
It's obviously a scam and I cannot stop it

I have Vodafone's securenet installed and running and that doesn't block it
If I block the website, it appears again under a different web address. I now have nine blocked websites and they all end ".win"

I've even wiped the phone back to factory settings and it's still happening
When I block a website, I then clear all cookie data, cache and history and then power the phone off and on
It doesn't matter where I am (location wise) or if I'm on wifi or on mobile data usage, so it's in my phone

Vodafone securenet scans the phone and tells me it's safe

So can someone tell me what it is and how to get rid of the fucking thing

I also get this on my HTC M9. If you drag down from the top and kill the google page it takes you back to the last page. It's a pain in the arse and only happens on here.

This sounds like some app you installed is just hijacking your browser.

After you did a factory reset, did you enter your google play details and had your phone set to automatically restore apps?

Might be worth looking if you can turn that off and do another reset but don;t install any apps until you can see if this problem has gone.

When you are sure it's gone only reinstall one app at a time and see if it happens again after installing a particular app.

Happens to me too and only on this website. Not the first issue I've had with ads on here too. God knows where they come from but there's fucking loads! Doesn't help that this forum has an absurdly low number of posts per page forcing way more page reloads than any other forum I use.

Keep getting the twat as well. Done a clear history,cache etc, no use. Not being a techno buff, I'm limited to solutions. Like you guys only get it on BM. Missus keeps saying "whats up now" everytime it pops up and I shout "Bastard!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.