Melbourne City FC Thread

I mean some of the links to Arteta with some thinking that taking the reigns of Melbourne City wouldn't be a massive step down. There's one thing wanting the best for your club, another thing being realistic about it.

Oh yes. I saw that Arteta discussion that's complete nonsense.

Melbourne is getting pretty cold of late and getting dark before 5pm. Argentina and Brazil have come and gone and most of the Melbourne city players have returned to the CFA judging by their social media posts. But things have definitely been quiet from the club.

The one question on the lips of the faithful is who will be the coach for the upcoming season. The season ticket deadline got extended a month, not sure why.

The A League has a ridiculously long off season, May to October and obviously there is no rush but not having a coach and other sides making signings does irk a little.

Fingers crossed we get an announcement soon and he will be able to get the team to where we hope it could be.

No room for error with this appointment.

I should post more regularly.

Bit of action today.

Galekovic from Adelaide signed for 2 seasons

Caceres has had his loan from Manchester city extended another season.

Retre has left by mutual agreement with still a year to go.

Also training officially starts Monday (19th)

Some rumours floating around that Warren Joyce will be a new senior coach.

I had a bit of check of his past and really not sure if he is suited to our style.

Any thoughts ?

Ex rag reserve coach, failure at Wigan.

Surely the CFG can do better than that?
I was always of the view that after Viera was groomed to go to NYC we would have got someone from within the group. I'll wait till any announcements and a few games before I really start whinging but on face value doesn't seem very inspiring and will really struggle to get many Melburnians excited.

Monday, 19 June 2017 -
@MelbourneCity .
Melbourne City FC has officially unveiled new Head Coach, Warren Joyce, at City Football Academy (CFA) Melbourne today, Monday 19 June.

Highly regarded Joyce, 52, has rich and significant experience both as a player and later a manager in England and Belgium, including a spell as Head Coach of Leeds United reserves, two years at Royal Antwerp, eight years at Manchester United reserves, and as manager of Wigan Athletic in the Championship.

At Leeds United, three of his players consecutively became the youngest to make a full debut in the Premier League, and during his 8 years at Manchester United during which he was responsible for the coaching of their developing youth team, 73 players went on to play in the English Premier League and Championship, 44 became full internationals, and 52 made first team debuts.

As a player, he made 884 appearances in the English League for Bolton Wanderers, Preston North End, Plymouth Argyle, Burnley and Hull. It was during his playing career that he took his coaching badges and in 1999 he became player-manager for Hull City, where he was credited with saving the Club from relegation.

image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/l..._1wszwk65pogtl158kbooyndj23.jpg?t=-1158090596

joyce-marwood_1wszwk65pogtl158kbooyndj23.jpg

Joyce arrived in Melbourne as players return to the City Football Academy to begin their pre-season training, alongside Senior Assistant Coach Michael Valkanis, Assistant Coach Joe Montemurro and Goalkeeping Coach Joey Didiluca.

Speaking of his appointment, Joyce said, “I am delighted to be joining Melbourne City Football Club at this time in its evolution. The people at the club, their vision and their values together with the opportunity to help develop and build this team to its full potential, meant that this was an offer which was impossible to turn down. I can’t wait to get started.”

Simon Pearce, Vice-Chairman of Melbourne City, said: “In Warren Joyce, we have a manager with a long and distinguished footballing career, who has proved himself, in many different environments, as both a pragmatic manager and a versatile, driven coach.”

“His career achievements, and the many coaching partnerships he has had in the past, suggest an ideal cultural and tactical fit for Melbourne City.”

image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/l..._1s9bw27n8ti1m14ba094ui6m0d.jpg?t=-1158029956

joyce_1s9bw27n8ti1m14ba094ui6m0d.jpg

Brian Marwood, Managing Director of City Football Services, who oversaw Warren’s recruitment, said: “Warren Joyce is a manager who sees football as a way of life, not a job. By leading by example throughout his career, he has produced quality technical players, quality tactical players, and ultimately well-rounded players on and off the field. And more than that –his teams have consistently won domestic and international trophies. He is the right manager at the right time for Melbourne City.

After his first training session, Joyce will meet with members of the ‘Fan Representative Group’ at AAMI Park to get a taste of football in Australia from the viewpoint of fans aged from 7 years old to 70 years old.

From today, long-standing Club Partner Matchworks will be Official Coach Partner, which will see their logo on all coaching kit and in the technical area at home games. As part of the partnership, they will support two new City in the Community programmes.

Warren has joined the City Family, and now it's time for you to get on board! Sign up as a member for the 2017/18 season, because nothing beats being there!

- See more at: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/a...obir28yhd4b17r3akqfpdr9d#sthash.uVgiAbPc.dpuf
Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/a...8obir28yhd4b17r3akqfpdr9d#HmUgmWep9j1cx28d.99

Call me one eyed but of all the coaches in the world CFG employ one with rag connections.

I know Melbourne wouldn't be getting a Pep level coach but a guy that failed at Wigan?

Good luck to them I feel they'll need it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.