Paedophilia within the game/City launch redress scheme

Just read a piece that Daniel Taylor had in Sunday's Observer: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-just-keeps-on-growing?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

As at 13 January, there were 23 allegations concerning the period from 2011 onwards, and Taylor claims that "it was naive to think this scandal should be talked about only in the past tense". He calls into question the FA's decision, in 2003, to withdraw funding from "a major review of its child-protection policies", suggesting this decision could have contributed to further cases of abuse.

As a referee I am regularly CRB checked i but what surprised me was that this only came into being for coaches a few years ago & not all officials at youth level have to. Recently a local club sacked one of it's volunteer's as it came out that he had only been released from prison a year before for offences relating to a minor but did not divulge this when working with the U15s. Seems I have to be checked who may spend 90 minutes a week at most with these children yet not all club officials are and they will be spending a lot more time with them.

Bob Higgins, who coached at Southampton and Peterborough, now faces charges:

As a referee I am regularly CRB checked i but what surprised me was that this only came into being for coaches a few years ago & not all officials at youth level have to. Recently a local club sacked one of it's volunteer's as it came out that he had only been released from prison a year before for offences relating to a minor but did not divulge this when working with the U15s. Seems I have to be checked who may spend 90 minutes a week at most with these children yet not all club officials are and they will be spending a lot more time with them.
A CRB (Now DBS) only stops people with a record of criminality or are know by the authorities for acting in an inappropriate manner where minors are present. There are countless cases of people who have been at it for years, but never been caught.

Even measures such as not allowing children to be alone with a single adult, unsupervised doesn't always work. Paedophiles are incredibly deviant by nature, and generally gravitate towards their own kind. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that more than one offender could be working at the same place.

The only way to stop it is education of parents and children. How many parents blindly trust the adults when they drop their kids off at Cubs/Scouts/Brownies/Sports, no questions asked? I'd hazard a guess at more than a handful.

This is at Curzon Ashton's ground.

On the afternoon of Sunday, 20th August a host of celebrities and football legends will come together to raise much needed funds for The Offside Trust

www.theoffsidetrust.com Kick off is 2pm - we hope to see you there!

The Event
On the afternoon of Sunday, 20th August a host of celebrities and football legends will come together to raise much needed funds for The Offside Trust www.theoffsidetrust.com Kick off is 2pm - we hope to see you there!
The Offside Trust
In November 2016, British football was rocked by a series of high-profile revelations regarding historic child sexual abuse. Several former professional players bravely waived their right to anonymity to speak out about their ordeals. A number of those involved decided to set up The Offside Trust, a new organisation committed to supporting survivors and working to ensure that children involved in sport are safe, always. The Trust is led by ex-footballer Steve Walters and former professional golfer Chris Unsworth, whose stories have inspired hundreds of people to speak out for the first time about their abuse. It is supported by a number of ambassadors, including Micky Fallon, Jason Dunford, Dean Radford and Billy Seymour.
http://www.theoffsidetrust.com/
You can also find us on Twitter @OffsideTrust
Venue
Curzon Ashton FC, Tameside Stadium, Richmond Street, Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester,
OL7 9HG
Please note: parking near the ground is extremely limited. Please use our dedicated car parking only.
Please visit the Curzon Ashton FC website for up to date travel information www.curzonashtonfc.co.uk Ticket Prices*** (Please note all ticket prices are inclusive of VAT and subject to a booking fee).
Match Ticket 2pm – 5.30pm (gates open from 12 noon)
£12 per adult (16+)
£6 per child (4 -15 years)
£25 per family (2 adults and 2 children)
Under 3’s Free of Charge
£125 VIP hospitality ticket, including three course meal, half a bottle of wine, meet and greet with the players, a drink on arrival and a fundraising auction. (maximum number of people per table is 10)
Match ticket includes entry to the ground. Drinks and food will be available to purchase in the ground.
Match Tickets may also be available on the day to purchase but are not guaranteed. Please book now to avoid disappointment.
Please bring your printed tickets with you to the event, without them you will not be not be allowed entry into the ground.
Please note there is limited seating and the majority of the ground is standing. Seating will be first come first served in terms of arrival times.

***We reserve the right to change the programme or venue and alter or cancel published dates without liability. In such circumstances, full refunds will be given. Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.

Ralf Little, David Morrissey, Rowetta, Trevor Sinclair, Danny Murphy, Craig Hignett, Ian Harte, Graham Stuart, Gareth Farrelly, Jack Collison, Colin Hendry, Paul Dickov, Peter Reid and Ashley Ward plus a host of other household names including reality TV stars like Big Brother winner Jason Burrill and Ross Worswick from Ex on the Beach, will take part in our first big fundraiser at Curzon

Ralf Little, David Morrissey, Rowetta, Trevor Sinclair, Danny Murphy, Craig Hignett, Ian Harte, Graham Stuart, Gareth Farrelly, Jack Collison, Colin Hendry, Paul Dickov, Peter Reid and Ashley Ward plus a host of other household names including reality TV stars like Big Brother winner Jason Burrill and Ross Worswick from Ex on the Beach, will take part in our first big fundraiser at Curzon
Best of luck with that. I hope it goes brilliantly for you. A worthy cause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.