Tosin Adarabioyo

Tosin has everything needed to make a top class player at the highest level but and there has to be a but he needs game time at a good level to show he has the intensity needed to deal with serious football. I have watched him in many games look absolute class as he coasts through the match with no worries and then all of a sudden something goes wrong. A bit too casual thinking he has it all under control or an extra bit of quality, and effort, from the attacker and he messes up.

It's those casual moments I feel he needs to get rid of and I am convinced it's down to playing experience at the right level. The fact we have signed him for a further 3 years says we see something in him amd it now remains to be seen whther he is just going to fight for a place or get a good loan somewhere and play a season. It maybe the latter and we just see him as being a transfer down the line and he needs to play and be seen as quality so his price goes up!

I just don't get why we don't give him the game time Kolarov got last year for example, even half of that would suffice for his first season at the top level. If we loan him out and he only does okay it'll just keep leading to loan after loan. He'll end up in a team not as good playing a lower standard of football and sometimes that can be as bad as not playing at all.

In my opinion, give him half of the game time Kolarov got last year, Kolarov played 3073 mins, so give Tosin 1500mins (equivalent to 16 games and 2/3's of another game) and actually take a chance on him.

Manchester City will make Tosin Adarabioyo (19) available on loan next season after he signed a new four-year contract. [Daily Mail]

A host of Premier League and Championship clubs are interested in Tosin, while Bundesliga sides are also monitoring his future. [Daily Mail]

City see Tosin as a potential future captain but want him to go out on loan next season to earn vital first-team experience. [Daily Mail]

A similar move to what Andreas Christiansen and Reece Oxford (both to Gladbach) might be perfect for Tosin to gain some experience of senior football rather than playing in the Championship where he has more of a chance of being dropped if he makes a mistake.

I get that many, many posters think City need to throw a few players in at the deep end, but this is not your Granddad's Man City anymore. Rather, this is a team that literally needs to win silverware next year, and I'm not just talking about the League Cup! To do that, Mansour has opened the cheque book yet again to buy a versatile intl for every position and a spare for almost every other position. Even at the full back positions, we are looking for 4 current intls, because the Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup and the CL means two games per week every week, and even more over the key holiday period, so almost every position needs seamless rotation, rest and recuperation time. Personally, I'm not sure Tosin is ready to be a seamless squad member in a back two containing Kompany, Otamendi, Stones and Kolarov, even before we possibly buy a high priced A.N. Other. That said, if a decent bid came in for Ota or Kola, then he may have a chance to get some game time.

He is cultured, but young, and while I agree with the nugget "if you are good enough, you are old enough," but in City's "flying full backs" system, the center half position is a vital position and requires the ability to cover two positions at times. One year of quality football at a decent club in a decent league against canny (full grown men!) forwards will be significantly more helpful than training with the First Team Squad but only really playing with the EDS and u21s.

I get that many, many posters think City need to throw a few players in at the deep end, but this is not your Granddad's Man City anymore. Rather, this is a team that literally needs to win silverware next year, and I'm not just talking about the League Cup! To do that, Mansour has opened the cheque book yet again to buy a versatile intl for every position and a spare for almost every other position. Even at the full back positions, we are looking for 4 current intls, because the Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup and the CL means two games per week every week, and even more over the key holiday period, so almost every position needs seamless rotation, rest and recuperation time. Personally, I'm not sure Tosin is ready to be a seamless squad member in a back two containing Kompany, Otamendi, Stones and Kolarov, even before we possibly buy a high priced A.N. Other. That said, if a decent bid came in for Ota or Kola, then he may have a chance to get some game time.

He is cultured, but young, and while I agree with the nugget "if you are good enough, you are old enough," but in City's "flying full backs" system, the center half position is a vital position and requires the ability to cover two positions at times. One year of quality football at a decent club in a decent league against canny (full grown men!) forwards will be significantly more helpful than training with the First Team Squad but only really playing with the EDS and u21s.

If we win a few trophies next season, peps 3rd season is the time to throw some youngsters in. We have to win some trophies next season.

I probably agree re Tosin.

But I don't think many people believe in 'throwing players in at the deep end' at all, It just gets pushed in their faces a lot on here, as a simple way to answer the ongoing question, as to why no players ever come through at City in spite of us having some of the best prospects in the world. "if we just chuck kids in blah blah'.

Ironically the other argument against kids playing is usually 'if they were good enough they WOULD play' so now even that route is taken away & no longer applies.

I think plenty of people believe in using young players at suitable moments & actually making an effort to do that, as policy, rather than always having a 'safety first' or 'keeping players happy' situation on the bench. No manager actually needs that many tactical options on the bench. But if your resources can stretch to it 'fuck it yeah, let's have another 20 mil player on there'.

I think there is barely ever an occasion when a place on the bench can't be given to an academy player, or even two, it's just whether the manager has the balls to do it. From that situation, it then becomes easy to findplenty of moments where such a player can get on the pitch, again, if the manager has the balls. Imo, we have had scores of such opportunities in the past 3-4 years & taken hardly any. From getting the kids on the pitch, you then find which ones might be worhy of more time, then which you can trust, etc etc.

When few, if any, ever get on, the one who is 5th or even 10th in the queue (who might turn out to surprisingly be the best) never gets on,in 5 years, ever, gets bored playing shit level football & loses his edge, ending up at Bury or Stalybridge.

In the case of Tosin, I would worry about introducing him into the first team, as centre back is a position, almost like goalkeeper, where you have to be really clinical in your play & 3 of our senior centre backs are nowhere near clinical & can't look after themselves, never mind him. Then our fullbacks have been below average as well & now we have new ones, next to seriously flawed central defenders, so it's not easy for him to come into that.

If Viny played every week, it might be more feasible, but I think Tosin needs to go somewhere & learn to play vs senior players, read the game & concentrate.

Just like Denayer did when he went to Celtic, came back a top prospect & we sent him to fucking Turkey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.