Sunderland in the Championship 2017/2018

Stockport mackem

Team supported
Sunderland
i am currently fearing that this season will be as horrific as the last.

No transfer activity.
No manager.

The fact we aren't even looking for a manager is quite terrifying.
The search for a manager is on hold until a takeover is done....thus no transfers are being sought.

In the meantime, the first game (home to Derby on Sky) is only 38 days away...

Total and utter shambles....a low point is putting it mildly.
However, hope will no doubt live on, and continue to destroy me.

Keep the faith

Well, my fingers are crossed for you. My first away day was at Roker Park. Spent a time at Northumbria University on the piss and playing football on the windiest pitches in the World. I found the 'Toon army' insufferable, so always had a soft spot for the Mackams. The only Sunderland fan I know is proper sound too.

So hopefully you'll get a great buyer, a good manager and get yourself sorted.

Whats the odds on getting relegated again? Sunderland have that feel they could drop another league

Should go for Wagner and give him 3 years. He is something different and will get the crowd excited again. The recent managers all play dour safety first football, have a go with a new approach and make sol a place to fear.
Good luck for this season.

Serious question SM (not WUMming you). Would you have BFS back? I know he's not exactly Mr Popular with everybody (particularly on here!), and I know he said he had no intention of looking for another job when he left Palace. But he'd have the experience you need to at least hold your own next season. You need a season of consolidation while you get the ownership issue sorted out.

*edit* Just read on the Allardyce thread that a friend of his lost his wife in the Manchester bombing. He may not have the heart to get back into the game.

Should go for Wagner and give him 3 years. He is something different and will get the crowd excited again. The recent managers all play dour safety first football, have a go with a new approach and make sol a place to fear.
Good luck for this season.

No chance Wagner will drop straight back into the Championship after taking Huddersfield up. They do need someone different though. I hope they don't go for someone like Coyle, or Pardew, or another one of those merry go round managers. Maybe a punt on the Cowley brothers from Lincoln could be what they need.

Wasn't it a similar situation the last time you were down there? Then came the Quinn/Keane dream team.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.