50th anniversary season

The Light Was Yellow Sir

Been reading about the 67/68 league winning season and the differences and similarities between then and now. One obvious difference is that we only signed two players that season, one being a new keeper in Ken Mulhearn and one being a forward in Francis Lee. Ken signed in September and, after Harry Dowd was injured, made his debut against the rags and played the rest of the season. Francis came in mid October and scored 16 in 31 games.
As for similarities with this season; the first home game that season was on August 19 against a team from Liverpool. Last game of the season, again exactly as this season, was a long away trip on May 13. Now, I'm not a great believer in coincidences but they do happen and winning the league on exactly the same date 50 years later would be another highly original thing for City to do. So, none of that 'win it in April' nonsense, let's take it to the last day of the season, once again!

I was reading this interested post and got thinking about Tony Book who I regularly bump into shopping. Just checked the games that season and found Book missed a penalty in the first game of the season at Anfield. Bet they never gave him a pen again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.