Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
No?

Did Barca cry when they had Messi, Villa, Pedro and Sanchez? Do Bayern cry when they have Robben, Ribery, Lewandowski, Costa?

There's nothing wrong with having more than 2 strikers and with Aguero's injury record they will all get 30+ games minimum this season.
But Robben, Ribery, Pedro etc are not out and out strikers. Aguero and Jesus are. I know we can play Jesus and Aguero together and we did at the end of last season but 4 forwards covering 3 positions Sterling, Sane, Jesus, and Aguero is enough. We also have Kelechi and Roberts, and Silva x 2, plus KDB who could play up there not to mention players like Brahim Diaz and Sancho who must be 17 or 18.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern can carry extra players as their players know they will win trophies. Players like Rodriguez and Morata stick around because they might pay in 10-15 big games and appear in a final.

It's always been said that clubs have an agreement they won't sign players who do this as if it became common it would cause chaos, no idea whether there's any truth in that though.

there's a little bit of truth to that I'd imagine but you could argue that Arsenal isn't following etiquette trying to charge full price for someone at the end of their contract. so fuck em I say and say to them that we'll pay 10 million to buy off his contract and see if they back down on their asking price

But Robben, Ribery, Pedro etc are not out and out strikers. Aguero and Jesus are. I know we can play Jesus and Aguero together and we did at the end of last season but 4 forwards covering 3 positions Sterling, Sane, Jesus, and Aguero is enough. We also have Kelechi and Roberts, and Silva x 2, plus KDB who could play up there not to mention players like Brahim Diaz and Sancho who must be 17 or 18.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern can carry extra players as their players know they will win trophies. Players like Rodriguez and Morata stick around because they might pay in 10-15 big games and appear in a final.
How is it enough? That's what we had from January last year and we won nothing!

The best team will eventually pick itself and I suspect the front 3 will end up being Sane, Jesus and Sanchez with Aguero and Sterling on the bench. And if that's what's best for the team so be it!

I'm sure in some games we will line up 343 and others 433 and in the 343 games I wouldn't be surprised if Sane, Sterling, Aguero, Jesus and Sanchez all play together.

So far this window we have offloaded one attacker in Navas and are looking to offload Nolito and we haven't brought any attackers in! So if this all come to pass we will be down an attacker compared to last season. Same with the midfield, I suspect Fernando and Delph are off leaving Yaya, Gundogan, Fernandinho, B.Silva, De Bruyne and Silva to compete for midfield places.

Only City fans could moan about getting Sanchez!

It's a funny one this. Even though the club seem to have made this a priority, he's the one that we need the least when compared to the fullbacks etc. He already knows the premier league and he wouldn't be ready to start pre season til later on anyway. We can afford for this to drag on. Jesus is essentially a new signing and even though Bernardo doesn't play Sanchez's position, he adds more flexibility that frees up our other attack minded players if needed.

Sanchez is a great player and my gut says this will still happen. It wouldnt massively hurt us if it didn't though. When push comes to shove, i just don't believe Arsenal would be willing to lose £50m on him though. That money is the difference between them replacing him with a 50m player and a 100m player. I'm glad they already spent a huge chunk on Lacazette as I don't think he's the man to take them to the next level at all. Arsenal will surely take the money but they'll also surely leave it until the last minute. There's no incentive for them to make it easy for us by getting it done early.
I feel they will keep Sanchez regardless of whether he signs the contract extension, but if he requests a transfer then they would sell him. It's a risk because unless he signs it will be a focus of all kinds of disputes, argument and rumour.

And if you think we will win the CL with Roberts, Brahim Diaz and Sancho you are in cloud cookoo land.

How is it enough? That's what we had from January last year and we won nothing!

The best team will eventually pick itself and I suspect the front 3 will end up being Sane, Jesus and Sanchez with Aguero and Sterling on the bench. And if that's what's best for the team so be it!

I'm sure in some games we will line up 343 and others 433 and in the 343 games I wouldn't be surprised if Sane, Sterling, Aguero, Jesus and Sanchez all play together.

So far this window we have offloaded one attacker in Navas and are looking to offload Nolito and we haven't brought any attackers in! So if this all come to pass we will be down an attacker compared to last season. Same with the midfield, I suspect Fernando and Delph are off leaving Yaya, Gundogan, Fernandinho, B.Silva and Silva to compete for midfield places.

Only City fans could moan about getting Sanchez!
Jesus was injured. And when he did play City were outstanding. Navas and Nolito did not play in forward positions. Their departure does not really affect us.

If Guardiola feels short on cover then keep Roberts and Kelechi. They are more than adequate.

If we buy sanchez it will be at the expense of Aguero. That's why I am not keen. sanchez is not quick enough to play wide as we saw for Chile at the Confederation Cup.

And here we see the route of Marvin's worries. Ickle City syndrome.

We're building a squad to make us a european superpower. To get to the CL semi's every year, to win trophies every. single. year.

The players we're signing know that. Aguero and Jesus know that. We aren't trying to rebuild Mancini's team who won 2 league titles and an FA cup, we're trying to build something like Barcelona 2008-2012, Real Madrid 2014-2017, Bayern 2012-2016.

The team we're building with Ederson, Stones, Silva, Sterling, Jesus, Sané will be a team expected to win 4/5 league titles in the next decade, the Champions league, half a dozen cups.

They are trying to build the dominant team in the country and you're acting like we're still aiming for the same as we were in 2011.

And here we see the route of Marvin's worries. Ickle City syndrome.

We're building a squad to make us a european superpower. To get to the CL semi's every year, to win trophies every. single. year.

The players we're signing know that. Aguero and Jesus know that. We aren't trying to rebuild Mancini's team who won a league title and a cup, we're trying to build Barcelona 2008-2012, Real Madrid 2014-2017, Bayern 2012-2016.
Yes I know that. But no one has 3 centre forwards and that is what Aguero, Sanchez and Jesus are.

I think sanchez knows he's not getting any older and is a very competitive player. He's been stropping and moaning on the pitch all season and hasn't looked a happy man at arsenal. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy to accept the fact that he's staying and play in the europa league next season....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.