Great pre season games of yesteryear

W W

worsleyweb

I am going to go for mark Kennedy a debut vs Liverpool. Decent crowd and we opened the platt lane at the last minute

Also remember playing Valencia at home in the Thomas cool trophy and watching silva destroy us.

Anyone else got any good memories of pre season games?

Yeah, think we won 2-0? My first visit to The Swamp.

What was the one where we drew 2-2 having been 2-0 down? Clive Wilson was on the front cover of a programme which showed the game. I think a rag scored an own goal.

What was the one where we drew 2-2 having been 2-0 down? Clive Wilson was on the front cover of a programme which showed the game. I think a rag scored an own goal.
Wilson header made it 1-2. Albiston og and we pulled it back to 2-2. Next day we played Chelsea at Wembley.

isle of man tournament in 96 (i think) was legendary for those who went.....and ireland the year later athlone , cork and somwhere else i cant remember.
oh and linfield was a top laugh although i dont remember much about all of them!

That whole summer of 2011, think we won all our games. Coukd really sense we were up to something that year.

I am going to go for mark Kennedy a debut vs Liverpool. Decent crowd and we opened the platt lane at the last minute

Also remember playing Valencia at home in the Thomas cool trophy and watching silva destroy us.

Anyone else got any good memories of pre season games?
The valencia game was my sons first ever city game! How good was silva that day ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.