93:20 Podcast - The Sale to Shinawatra

Damocles

Administrator
This is coming out tomorrow (Thursday) and I've been especially hyped about this episode since I first heard the concept.

Ahsan has got our own PrestwichBlue, aka Colin Savage and Stefan Borson on his show to talk about the sale to Shinawatra. Both of these were actually involved in it to some degree - Colin at the time was a co-founder of the MCFC Supporters Trust whereas Stefan worked at Investec who handled the sale. And obviously Stefan being a high flier and a City fan, he was given the opportunity to work on the City sale from that end.

Stefan's just posted some materials from the sale that were part of the report made during the sale:

DD65d_aU0AAvybV.jpg

DD66LfIU0AAPTq2.jpg

DD69TF7UwAANQ8G.jpg

DD69yzdVYAAnK-y.jpg

DD6-nq2UwAExdWC.jpg

Have been waiting for this for months, it's going to be fascinating.

Cheers mate. Yeah in the episode out tomorrow we're covering the era actually from Allison/Mercer > Swales > Wardle/Makin > Thaksin. Basically it gets us to the point where Stefan and Thaksin are taking helicopter from the Etihad to London and him finalising the purchase of the club.

Part two will cover Thaksin's crazy 12 months in charge. Was an eye opener for me in many respects. I remember on this very board laying into the likes of Ali Mackintosh and John Wardle in particular - so was great to have someone who was effectively on the board at that point explaining the dire straits the club were in.

I'm blaming it all on "the Keegan Kool Aid" as Stefan called it! :)

Ahsan, what a great Podcast. Just finished listening to the hour and 22 minutes of absorbing inside knowledge about our boardroom journey. Amazing insight from Prestwichblue and Stefan. Can't wait for the next instalment (you little tease)

Again, massive praise for delivering another top top podcast to Ahsan.

Outstanding Pod. By far the very, very best produced by you guys in the citywatch era and now 9320 included.

Nothing more to add besides this; it is just something a proper city fan of any era and age must listen to in order to appreciate just how far we have come.

Outstanding Pod. By far the very, very best produced by you guys in the citywatch era and now 9320 included.

Agree with this. It was the best City podcast I've ever listened to; just to have two sides of the debate there - Colin representing the Supporter's Trust PoV of a spectacularly mismanaged club and Stefan giving the board's PoV of a club in financial ruins was great. However the details they went into regarding who was on what side and who was backstabbing who was really interesting.

Never knew Franny was such a vindictive little shit. Nor that Keegan was such a wanker.

One thing they didn't mention much but I was thinking throughout is not just how much we owe Makin and Wardle for obviously saving the club from administration on numerous occasions, but also how much we owed towards our Academy for producing a number of first team players. I don't think given the info in this pod it would be unfair to say that Jim Cassell and his staff saved the club too.

I think after listening to ti this, I agree with the Shinawatra sale. It was pretty much that or bust and in the meantime between the takeover and the inevitable fall from grace, there was a chance he'd invest some money or at least pay back JD who could again save the club down the line

Ahsan, what a great Podcast. Just finished listening to the hour and 22 minutes of absorbing inside knowledge about our boardroom journey. Amazing insight from Prestwichblue and Stefan. Can't wait for the next instalment (you little tease)

Again, massive praise for delivering another top top podcast to Ahsan.

Thanks heaps mate. Honestly, I'm just the vehicle. It's Colin and Stefan (and the other contributors) who make the shows what they are.

I'm not very good at 'selling' what we do but whether you like/hate me or like/hate podcasts - if you're a blue interested in our history in anyway, you should give this a listen. It was an honour and a privilege to listen to these two guys talk.

And thanks Mark/Danny/Damo too. The feedback to this pod has been overwhelming and it's a cast iron guarantee we're gonna do plenty of them now over the next 12 months. For a club that has no history, we've got a lot of fucking history to talk about.

Thanks heaps mate. Honestly, I'm just the vehicle. It's Colin and Stefan (and the other contributors) who make the shows what they are.

I'm not very good at 'selling' what we do but whether you like/hate me or like/hate podcasts - if you're a blue interested in our history in anyway, you should give this a listen. It was an honour and a privilege to listen to these two guys talk.

And thanks Mark/Danny/Damo too. The feedback to this pod has been overwhelming and it's a cast iron guarantee we're gonna do plenty of them now over the next 12 months. For a club that has no history, we've got a lot of fucking history to talk about.

I've literally just finished it and thought it was fantastic, I have learned so much that I didn't know or had somethings clarified that were a little muddy in the past.

If I may just offer one piece of constructive criticism and this isn't a dig, I put it down purely to the enthusiasm of the three of you, but try and give the person speaking time to finish his story. There were quite a few occurrences of one of you telling quite a long story and then getting cut off toward the end by questions or another take on the story. At times it felt a bit like listening to a really good joke and then not getting as far as the punch line. There was an instance quite early on when Colin was explaining in fantastic detail the ownership changes from the Mercer days and it seemed like he'd got about 75% through when Stefan (who hadn't really said a word at this point) joined in and deviated slightly. The conversation then naturally goes on to different things and it was as if there was a few stories we didn't really get to hear the end of.

I have to say I think you and Stefan are a bit more dominant on the mic than Colin is so I think your own enthusiasm, opinions and questions deviated some of his stories slightly. To be fair, you apologised on several occasions, but that in itself probably indicates you can try and bite your lip a bit and then bring it back up as the host once the guys have finished.

Like I said, not a dig and purely constructive criticism as a listener and other listeners may have a completely different view, but the feedback is there to assist not criticise.

Anyway, loved it and roll on the next one.

I've literally just finished it and thought it was fantastic, I have learned so much that I didn't know or had somethings clarified that were a little muddy in the past.

If I may just offer one piece of constructive criticism and this isn't a dig, I put it down purely to the enthusiasm of the three of you, but try and give the person speaking time to finish his story. There were quite a few occurrences of one of you telling quite a long story and then getting cut off toward the end by questions or another take on the story. At times it felt a bit like listening to a really good joke and then not getting as far as the punch line. There was an instance quite early on when Colin was explaining in fantastic detail the ownership changes from the Mercer days and it seemed like he'd got about 75% through when Stefan (who hadn't really said a word at this point) joined in and deviated slightly. The conversation then naturally goes on to different things and it was as if there was a few stories we didn't really get to hear the end of.

I have to say I think you and Stefan are a bit more dominant on the mic than Colin is so I think your own enthusiasm, opinions and questions deviated some of his stories slightly. To be fair, you apologised on several occasions, but that in itself probably indicates you can try and bite your lip a bit and then bring it back up as the host once the guys have finished.

Like I said, not a dig and purely constructive criticism as a listener and other listeners may have a completely different view, but the feedback is there to assist not criticise.

Anyway, loved it and roll on the next one.

My biggest challenge was keeping the podcast under an hour long. I failed miserably. I think there was definitely a time pressure we felt because we genuinely didn't know whether people would be remotely interested in listening. But the reactions suggest we could've let it go longer in which case there'd have been no need for the interruptions!

Thanks heaps for the feedback anyway - totally taken on board.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.