TV fixtures out today (06/07)

Going to miss the Arsenal game as I fly to Vegas on the 5th for the wife's 60th birthday. Going to Sky Plus the match and watch when I get home on the 15th November (doing New York as well), what's the chances of avoiding the result? Will have to not look at BBC sport, Bluemoon or Newsnow and not book my usual taxi from Manchester airport with a blue mate! For those of you that are old enough it will be the Likely Lads ten fold.

Remember it well pal!

Reminds me of when me and my brother avoided a game that was on highlights on Sportsnight. Managed to avoid the score until the match was about to start and our mum came in to say 'you'd think they'd have managed a goal between them?'

Remember it well pal!

Reminds me of when me and my brother avoided a game that was on highlights on Sportsnight. Managed to avoid the score until the match was about to start and our mum came in to say 'you'd think they'd have managed a goal between them?'

My sister's partner is a Huddersfield fan. On one of their rare appearences on MOTD he managed to avoid the score, pursuaded his dad who he was then living with to not tell him. Huddersfield conceded an early goal at which point his dad stood up and said "i've seen the goal, I'm off to bed".

As a Brighton resident for the last 15 years, I think it's only right to pass on some tips for anyone staying over

Travel
By train it's probably going to take around 4 - 4.5 hours from your door to brighton station. From there, get the Lewes train to Falmer. It's usually sectioned off on matchday especially for the fans, so you can't miss the temporary railings.

If you're driving, be aware free parking is virtually non existent in Brighton and has traffic wardens that can sniff out an illegally parked car from a mile away, but there's plenty of car parks

For the extravagant, fly to Gatwick. It's then about 25 minutes by train to Brighton

Accommodation
There's an abundance. However, anything on or very near the seafront is gonna cost.

Drinking
If you want the Yates', Wetherspoons experience, any pub like that is on West St. From Brighton station, walk 5 minutes straight down the road opposite, past the clock tower, and you're there. For any other type of pub, take your pick. There are a lot, and I mean a lot of pubs in Brighton. Expect Northern Quarter prices in most pubs. While most pubs don't ban footie tops. Some do, so be aware.

If I think of anything else, I'll come back and add to this
Good info...thanks

My sister's partner is a Huddersfield fan. On one of their rare appearences on MOTD he managed to avoid the score, pursuaded his dad who he was then living with to not tell him. Huddersfield conceded an early goal at which point his dad stood up and said "i've seen the goal, I'm off to bed".

Very good!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.