Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen anything particular in his game that says he can do Yaya's job, or Fernandinho's, better than either.

Excellent player but imo it's a 'suck it & see' situation as regards his role in the team & also he has to prove he has no lingering damage from this injury.

He's a potential exciting bonus at this stage rather than a nailed on player you build the team around imo.

I haven't seen anything particular in his game that says he can do Yaya's job, or Fernandinho's, better than either.

Excellent player but imo it's a 'suck it & see' situation as regards his role in the team & also he has to prove he has no lingering damage from this injury.

He's a potential exciting bonus at this stage rather than a nailed on player you build the team around imo.

If he rediscovers the form he had in his last season at Dortmund he'd arguably be our best player, he was absolutely phenomenal. It's a very exciting ace to have up our sleeve in a position where we'll be fine if he never plays a game.

He can definitely control the game, it's just a question of whether he can add some defensive grit too.

mmm - 70% fit? Bit worried about him if I am honest. Wasn't wowed even before his injury.

If he rediscovers the form he had in his last season at Dortmund he'd arguably be our best player, he was absolutely phenomenal. It's a very exciting ace to have up our sleeve in a position where we'll be fine if he never plays a game.

He can definitely control the game, it's just a question of whether he can add some defensive grit too.

He hasn't yet shown those attributes in the Premier League but he was only just settling in, when the injury struck.

But I'm glad we've got Yaya still.

Baffles me when people say Gundogan doesn't have the skillset to control the game. Really does. The defensive side of it is another story, but offensively I think he's very much capable of being our Modric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.