Pablo Maffeo - 2016/2017 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think he goes out on loan again to Girona who should be in La Liga next year. Fernandinho would become the backup and we still buy a top #1.

Fabinho will be the RB cover by the sounds of things m but that doesn't mean a second actual RB would go amiss. If Walker gets injured then we have no right backs, we only have Fernandinho or Fabinho if we get him who's a very different type of player.

If the squad is being shrunk, I think there's definitely room for him.

Would like to see him back up Walker. There probably will never be a better time as Maffeo is going to be happy and motivated by being second fiddle, won't take up a foreign spot as he is homegrown, he knows our system well so will need less time to adjust and was great last time he played against the Rags. It's seriously time for the club to show some faith in youngsters coming through, the kid has had 2 seasons on loan and helped his team win promotion. The Girona guy on BM stated he is their best defender. We honestly have nothing to lose by playing him. He should get a decent 15-25 games this season, and that would be huge for Maffeo and actually show kids coming through there is a pathway into the first team.

Would like to see him back up Walker. There probably will never be a better time as Maffeo is going to be happy and motivated by being second fiddle, won't take up a foreign spot as he is homegrown, he knows our system well so will need less time to adjust and was great last time he played against the Rags. It's seriously time for the club to show some faith in youngsters coming through, the kid has had 2 seasons on loan and helped his team win promotion. The Girona guy on BM stated he is their best defender. We honestly have nothing to lose by playing him. He should get a decent 15-25 games this season, and that would be huge for Maffeo and actually show kids coming through there is a pathway into the first team.
Is it too late? If not I agree with you.

Is it too late? If not I agree with you.

There has no official announcement of his loan yet for this season, so it could be possible. I really think Maffeo has the ability to show that our academy players have tremendous ability and are ready to be backups. Instead of gazumping 20-30m on a backup RB, this position should be going to Maffeo. Please no more Delph, Fernando type signings and let our youth make up those numbers.

There has no official announcement of his loan yet for this season, so it could be possible. I really think Maffeo has the ability to show that our academy players have tremendous ability and are ready to be backups. Instead of gazumping 20-30m on a backup RB, this position should be going to Maffeo. Please no more Delph, Fernando type signings and let our youth make up those numbers.

This is why the signing of Alves would've been ideal, it would've allowed Maffeo another 1-2 seasons at Girona depending on his and Alves performances. Then he could've been potentially looking at having a place in the first team squad. Unsure of who else the club would be potentially targeting so we might see it. I would be quite nervous but also quite excited and would do a load of good for the academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.