Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been of the opinion that the media poke fun at most clubs, but the recent disparity in the reporting of our signings and those made by other clubs has been worse than it has been over the last few seasons.

We must be upsetting them. It is hilarious.

I'm a bit long in the tooth but all the media crap stops if we win the league. If we don't then we will get a whole heap of sh*t, they know they can get a meltdown out of Guardiola, he like us should not bother about what's written other than use it to motivate the squad.

Where has this 100m come from?!

Fee
Wages
Add ons
Cost of medical
Cost of plane fare
Ink in pen to sign
Fuel in transfer from airport
Estimated cost of electric he'll use in changing rooms.
Train fare for his mum.
Dinner for him and wife.

All the thinks that are usually included.

Been watching SSN for the last 45 mins and they honestly have not mentioned Walker once, despite covering transfer news.

- Rags are in LA
- PEG is in LA
- So is Lukaku
- And here's Bryan Robson and Denis Irwin, they are also in LA (who gives a fuck?)
- New £75m (conveniently ignoring add-ons and wages with this one) signing, Lukaku, could be joined by a familiar face.
- PEG interview about Lukaku and maybe re-signing Ibrahimovic
- Then stats that are fudged to suggest Ibrahimovic is the greatest striker in the universe
- Now it's a 3 minute montage of Ibrahimovic goals, including the obligatory Bravo flap.
- Then transfer news including Chelsea and Liverpool
- Then back onto cricket and F1

Did we even sign him?

I'm a bit long in the tooth but all the media crap stops if we win the league. If we don't then we will get a whole heap of sh*t, they know they can get a meltdown out of Guardiola, he like us should not bother about what's written other than use it to motivate the squad.

Err we won the league it didnt stop

I'm a bit different in that I recognise that there is a media bias as there always will be towards certain teams due to the size of the fanbase, but it doesn't actually bother me. The opposite in fact, I think it can be used to create a siege mentality in the fanbase and create additional motivation. That "everyone is out to get us" feeling, plenty of managers try to create, yet here we have a real example that can be used in a good way.

I do think some people wake up in the morning and trawl the papers looking for something to be offended at though. If it really demotivates you, then just don't read it. There's plenty of knowledgeable and less biased football journalism out there if people really want it. That does come with the caveat that not every criticism of us is invalid or down to bias though.

Had the same last year and nothing has changed. The conclusion was that if we win things this shit will go away and I agree. Cant be arsed even moaning about it this year
Rubbish that.
My miss's said to me after 2012 prem win that the media will leave us alone now.
I disagreed and said they will get worse.. they have 10 fold

I'm a bit different in that I recognise that there is a media bias as there always will be towards certain teams due to the size of the fanbase, but it doesn't actually bother me. The opposite in fact, I think it can be used to create a siege mentality in the fanbase and create additional motivation. That "everyone is out to get us" feeling, plenty of managers try to create, yet here we have a real example that can be used in a good way.

I agree with you, but it hasn't worked with our fanbase has it ? The abuse and negativity and bias our club gets is awful and we all know it,but our fanbase mainly gets angry thats all,the atmosphere at most games couldn't be much worse ,and every season its getting worse alas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.