Brighton away ticket details

I think that this will go down lower to what many think.

August summertime saturday afternoon game by the seaside, will sellout as soon as can be and will still have maybe hundred blues down there ticketless on the piss who booked trains once the date was out in my opinion.
Their is at least 6 of us already booked trains and digs who probably will miss out on tickets but going anyway.

Last edited:
Its the "supporters" clubs that are the points whores by getting blocks of tickets on season tickets of fans that don't go away and then dish them out to day trippers from the pub who just fancy a day out on the lash, normally to games we all want to go to.

Some of these lads don't attend the home games, while the season ticket holder continues to accrue points despite never going to away games but their season ticket is used - the benefit being they gain points.

Its a cheap shot to blame the corporate stuff we do it to ourselves, club need to find a way of getting grip of the branches and supporters clubs.

I have never understood why they give tickets to supporters clubs anyway. If you are a season ticket holder with enough points you should get a ticket end of. The idea that it is so they can sit all sit together why. It is a only a 90 minute match as part of a whole day experience. If they may have to sit apart for a short time big deal. If your all joined at the hip don't go. This would end the supporters club abuse.

Supporters clubs are the only way young lads can get to away games, it's like a mini ballot.

They're great

Me and my 3 mates have applied through the local SC, and my mates business has 4 corporate tickets which he's applied through so hopefully we'll get sorted.

Its the "supporters" clubs that are the points whores by getting blocks of tickets on season tickets of fans that don't go away and then dish them out to day trippers from the pub who just fancy a day out on the lash, normally to games we all want to go to.

Some of these lads don't attend the home games, while the season ticket holder continues to accrue points despite never going to away games but their season ticket is used - the benefit being they gain points.

Its a cheap shot to blame the corporate stuff we do it to ourselves, club need to find a way of getting grip of the branches and supporters clubs.
Don't paint them all with the same brush, I know ours are dealt with fairly and if you don't go to home games you have no fucking chance of getting one

Not really.
When you total how much you spend on travel, food and drink to all the away games its way more than the extra grand to go in Joe's where I get a car parking spot, a pint and a programme thrown in.
I could pay for the luxury and space at the home games and sit and watch the far away dull games in the comfort of my settee with a nice bottle of red.
Then just pick the odd away game I fancy like Brighton, Bournemouth, the Swamp, Seville, Madrid and Monaco and fuck off the WBA on a Wednesday night in the League Cup, or Sunderland on Boxing Day or a freezing Kiev.
After all we're old and boring, or points whores.
ha ha spot on mate.

I just can't do it myself, I have to be there.i cant do Bournemouth or Chelsea but i'll be at the others. tv does not cut it for me. hotel booked for Watford, can't wait:)

sorry not having that.

they will dish them out but I'm sure its to blues wanting to see the game. still wrong but not as bad as you are making out.

please bear in mind that they also take tickets for shit games, something a lot of moaners on here would never dream of doing.

If it's a cheap shot to blame the corporates then it is also a cheap shot to blame the Supporters' Clubs. The reality is that it is perfectly valid to have a shot at both.

If this carries on then the away support will be made up of tourists/corporates, Supporters with over 20kish points (who have a right to be there), supporters who have bought off whores (who don't have a right to be there) and supporters who have blagged tickets from Supporters Clubs (who too don't have a right to be there). The supporter with less than 20k points (figure taken as an example) who has also trailed up and down over the years will be frozen out of the more attractive games and games with lower allocations.

Supporters who sell on a ticket now and again because they bought it and cannot make a game is acceptable but to buy every ticket with the sole purpose of selling on irrespective of the recipient is unacceptable.

None of this is right, the whole system needs to be looked at and all categories accommodated in some way. I have genuine sympathies for youngsters who cannot get on the points ladder but I have more sympathy for someone who has just missed out because of the above syphoning and abuse of the system.

I don't have the answer but I would start with giving the supporters clubs none at all. Just because they go for a pint now and again with other supporters doesn't make them a better supporter due special privileges. The corporates should have a limited allocation as they financially support the club but the tourists should get none.

Everyone will have their opinion influenced by their own self interests.

Apart from that I have no answer.....but then again others get paid handsomely to find an answer.

Last edited:
Loyalty points will always be contentious, as they can be easily skewed.
I have had a season ticket since tbe early 90's consecutively and throughout the 90's went all homes and most aways, yet when theloyalty point systwm came I wemt into a period of puting my new family first ansd away games were few and far between to save money, that has left my points around 11000 and so recently I have, at times used a mate who cannot make it to certain aways card otherwise I wouldn't have gone to some away games, and I know plenty of blues who have to do the same.

That stops my point tally getting up to required number perpetuating this continued practice, now 29 years watching city I can had a few lean years mainly sue to financial constraints yet I am fucked for getting back on the every game routine niw I can because of the system.

I agree a loyalty system is needed but the 20500 plus for tickets reducing by 5000 daily is also daft should be on sale every two days starting at 20000 + on monday then 10000+ on wednesday then 0-9999 friday, first in gets the tickets makes it more fair and also rewards loyalty overall.

If it's a cheap shot to blame the corporates then it is also a cheap shot to blame the Supporters' Clubs. The reality is that it is perfectly valid to have a shot at both.

If this carries on then the away support will be made up of tourists/corporates, Supporters with over 20kish points (who have a right to be there), supporters who have bought off whores (who don't have a right to be there) and supporters who have blagged tickets from Supporters Clubs (who too don't have a right to be there). The supporter with less than 20k points (figure taken as an example) who has also trailed up and down over the years will be frozen out of the more attractive games and games with lower allocations.

Supporters who sell on a ticket now and again because they bought it and cannot make a game is acceptable but to buy every ticket with the sole purpose of selling on irrespective of the recipient is unacceptable.

None of this is right, the whole system needs to be looked at and all categories accommodated in some way. I have genuine sympathies for youngsters who cannot get on the points ladder but I have more sympathy for someone who has just missed out because of the above syphoning and abuse of the system.

I don't have the answer but I would start with giving the supporters clubs none at all. Just because they go for a pint now and again with other supporters doesn't make them a better supporter due special privileges. The corporates should have an allocation as they financially support the club but the tourists should get none.

Everyone will have their opinion influenced by their own self interests.

Apart from that I have no answer.....but then again others get paid handsomely to find an answer.
Great post but I'd add that there is an answer, even though some may not like it. In the real world, if there's an excess of demand over supply, a number of mechanism can kick in.
  • Increase the price to choke off demand;
  • Increase the supply to meet demand;
  • Introduce rationing.
The first two aren't possible as things stand so it has to be the third and that means a ballot for everyone, including corporates. But obviously there should be a weighting towards those who've accumulated the points. So if we get 3,000 tickets for a game, we could allocate 500 to corporates, 1,500 to those with over 16k points say and 1,000 to everyone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.