No connection with the fans anymore.

Is it only me that found the Yaya thing on City TV a bit sad where he was being told Manc phrases like Bobbins and Mint?

I mean,hes been here since 2011,shows how little the players mix nowadays?

Probably plenty of people living in Greater Manchester all their lives wouldn't have a clue what some of those expressions meant

Agree but it's still shite when players can't even be arsed acknowledging fans.
It's not a new thing. On another day the same players who fucked off may have stood around signing autographs whilst the ones who hung around today may have darted. Shame for any young kids but they should be prewarned that there's a chance they might be out of luck.

My dad often tells a story of when he was about 11, and he saw Frank Swift walking out of Maine Road (dad lived near the ground) and even though he was a united fan he followed him to his home in Moss Side, round the corner from the ground, saw him go in the house, knocked on the front door, upon which Frank Swift's mum came to the door and when my dad said he wanted his autograph, she insisted to his son that he did just that, so my dad would go away.

That was before 1992, obviously.

Probably plenty of people living in Greater Manchester all their lives wouldn't have a clue what some of those expressions meant

That doesn't surprise me mate some fuckers round these parts refer to a small round bread type thing as a barm, weird ****s!

My dad often tells a story of when he was about 11, and he saw Frank Swift walking out of Maine Road (dad lived near the ground) and even though he was a united fan he followed him to his home in Moss Side, round the corner from the ground, saw him go in the house, knocked on the front door, upon which Frank Swift's mum came to the door and when my dad said he wanted his autograph, she insisted to his son that he did just that, so my dad would go away.

That was before 1992, obviously.
Your dad lived near Maine Rd. He didn't support City. Was he ill?

A shame. When I was in my early teens I would go to Maine Road first thing during holidays and very few players would refuse to sign even though you went every day. Trautman, Hayes, Crossan later.
Have you still got Joe Hayes signature mate?

I remember Kevin Keegan staying on for over an hour at a junior blues event and not leaving until everyone who wanted an autograph or photo ha got one. Couldn't see Pep doing that

As in any high profile job there is good and bad but regretfully footballers are in a world of there own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.