TV Series

HBO also has "HIP HOP Evolutions" series too. Watched an episode last night about the birth of rap in New York with Russel Simmons and the evolution to Run DMC and the Def Jam wiht Rick Rubin. Really good. Next episode is the move to the west coast and the birth of Gangsta rap.

Thanks for this, man!

What a doc! I always thought Hip hop has never been covered properly and this addresses this quite a lot! Even shit I didn't know about with the very very early influences like 'Here Comes the Judge' and shit!

Just done ep 1, but it's blowing me away!

Thanks again!!!

HBO also has "HIP HOP Evolutions" series too. Watched an episode last night about the birth of rap in New York with Russel Simmons and the evolution to Run DMC and the Def Jam wiht Rick Rubin. Really good. Next episode is the move to the west coast and the birth of Gangsta rap.
Loving this, watched 2 back to back.

Also cannot recommend Big Little Lies enough, me and the missus hammered through it, on the back of @FantasyIreland's recommendation

Thanks for this, man!

What a doc! I always thought Hip hop has never been covered properly and this addresses this quite a lot! Even shit I didn't know about with the very very early influences like 'Here Comes the Judge' and shit!

Just done ep 1, but it's blowing me away!

Thanks again!!!

8/10.

Don't think I've marked anything before!!

The only let downs were :

Not understanding what Biggie brought to the market if they focused a little on Tupac.

Whether Hip Hop and Rap still coexist and

Where it goes from here.

It seemed incomplete as a series and it's altered my 'satisfaction' from the beginning ep.

Shame as I STILL don't have the doc I want on the subject.

'Snowfall' wouldn't work for me, at first. I thought it was an animé from just looking at the thumbnail poster!

It's VERY promising!! I'm afraid it might run out of decent story line pretty quickly!

No weak performances, which makes it all the more enjoyable!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.