Welcome Kyle Walker

To be fair, the vast majority of that money was spent on a huge academy building and facilities which opened 2 years ago. I'm no expert in player development, but I'd say we'll have to wait a bit longer than 2 years to judge it. Any player getting into our team now (like Iheanacho) would say far more about our recruitment of talented young players from other clubs than our ability develop players.

Maybe but the takeover was 10 years ago almost and our record for bringing through our own players is terrible. I don't really think anyone can argue that.

What I found most enjoyable about that compilation above was his mentality. He is a bully. And plays like one. In a lot of his defending, after taking the ball he often purposely slams his body into the attacker he has already dispossed. That action, is the mentality of a bully. Kompany does it a bit too. But this guy does it consistently to everyone he defends. Sterling, Milner, Bitchiano, Young, Mane. It didn't matter. He'll body check you to send a msg.

There is a bully on this wing. I hated it when he did it to our players. Gonna be loving it when he does it to the opposition. We've got a bully in our midst :)

Walker is a smart chap. Very in tune to what "old school fans" many of whom we have here love hearing.

When asked about what he'll bring to the team, he gave the standard answer English fans love hearing and believe in "I'm a defender first."

I bet that got many of our fans who love to repeat that phrase dancing... You hear this a lot: "can't we just get a proper defender?" On this site and on talking head shows.

That comment was meant to appease those guys. But once the questions got really technical like what part of Zaba's game do you intend to incorporate?" His answer was telling... He wanted to emulate Zaba's timing on his runs. Coz with his natural speed, if he can work on his timing, he'll practically be a faster Dani Alves with a poorer cross. And that isn't bad.

That answer left me confident we got the right guy, the right fit, And the right man for the job. A little expensive, but the right guy :)

I'm officially on the Walker team. Fuck Semedo!

I am as well. His vision is great. He is fast. He can make tough passes. He is a very solid defender.

We can work on his timing and that will come as the chemistry builds with this team. Also, crossing is a skill and it can be improved. I'm confident that he'll improve.

Dani Alves is 34 Kyle is 27. As much as I would have loved to land Dani Alves for the last 2-3 goodish years of his career we didn't. We needed a RB and Walker was the best available. We got him and if things go well, we'll have another 7-10 years of quality vs that 2-3.

Let's enjoy having him on the team until we're given a reason not too.

It'll be interesting to hear Hoddle commentary,he praises all the spurs players with ridiculous comments,see what he says about ky now

I'm curious as well. If he does back track it'll prove just how biased and hypocritical he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.