City trying to stop us selling Tickets.

Exactly. Helping a mate is one thing but the "fellow blue" bit is bollocks. They could be anybody. A rag a tout or worse a danger to the stadium. Sorry I'm with the club on this. It's a shame we have to think like this but these days we have no choice.
If in turn real blues lower down get tickets them that's a bonus.

Would have expected a different response from you Bill. People should be aware though that there are two Facebook sites one which allows 'points whoring' and one which doesn't allow the sale of away tickets until sold out which is exactly the same as what this site does on their ticket exchange.

Would have expected a different response from you Bill. People should be aware though that there are two Facebook sites one which allows 'points whoring' and one which doesn't allow the sale of away tickets until sold out which is exactly the same as what this site does on their ticket exchange.
You make a very good point. I know you vet people and thats a help. The snag is security has to be uppermost. Its awful but both us and the rags are too high profile to be complacent on this.

You make a very good point. I know you vet people and thats a help. The snag is security has to be uppermost. Its awful but both us and the rags are too high profile to be complacent on this.

I agree security has to be high however ultimately The starting point of any ticket is through the club selling it. You only have to look online to see the numerous ticketing websites offering tickets at inflated prices, Watford last season, I found a website offering 10 together In the away end, you get touts outside the grounds, you have the numerous corporates/joes potentially passing tickets on, mates who will buy and pass to a mate, but thats all mainly for away games. Ultimately if you look at the ticket exchange site in question of which 99.9% of transactions relate to home tickets the aim is just to sell empty seats yo help fill the ground and potentially give single parents who are on low incomes the chance to take her young son to a game in the hope he will grow up to be a city fan and to ensure that city fans have an option where they can get some money back now for a game they cant make rather than wait upto 12 months for a credit. Ultimately there is no way City can ensure that the ticket they sold to mr x is used by Mr x all they can do is ensure that whoever turns up that day is vetted before entry to the stadium and as in all situations ultimately if any issues the original purchaser is the one held accountable.
Whatever people's views are on the site being talked about there is zero evidence of any ticket being used by an away supporter and in terms of any potential terrorist threat I'm sure any potential bomber would easily be able to purchase a ticket via the club if they so wished as doubt every purchaser is ran through a terror watch list.

I agree security has to be high however ultimately The starting point of any ticket is through the club selling it. You only have to look online to see the numerous ticketing websites offering tickets at inflated prices, Watford last season, I found a website offering 10 together In the away end, you get touts outside the grounds, you have the numerous corporates/joes potentially passing tickets on, mates who will buy and pass to a mate, but thats all mainly for away games. Ultimately if you look at the ticket exchange site in question of which 99.9% of transactions relate to home tickets the aim is just to sell empty seats yo help fill the ground and potentially give single parents who are on low incomes the chance to take her young son to a game in the hope he will grow up to be a city fan and to ensure that city fans have an option where they can get some money back now for a game they cant make rather than wait upto 12 months for a credit. Ultimately there is no way City can ensure that the ticket they sold to mr x is used by Mr x all they can do is ensure that whoever turns up that day is vetted before entry to the stadium and as in all situations ultimately if any issues the original purchaser is the one held accountable.
Whatever people's views are on the site being talked about there is zero evidence of any ticket being used by an away supporter and in terms of any potential terrorist threat I'm sure any potential bomber would easily be able to purchase a ticket via the club if they so wished as doubt every purchaser is ran through a terror watch list.

The Vetting of the Celtic fans in the City parts of the ground was spot on wasn't it.
City are a joke, they are the biggest cause of any possible security problem.
They don't care who buys a ticket in their aim to achieve a stadium full of corporates.

The Vetting of the Celtic fans in the City parts of the ground was spot on wasn't it.
City are a joke, they are the biggest cause of any possible security problem.
They don't care who buys a ticket in their aim to achieve a stadium full of corporates.
Pretty sure that was caused by city fans buying extra tickets and selling.

Pretty sure that was caused by city fans buying extra tickets and selling.

Sure don't disagree, but why didn't the stewards stop people coming into the City parts with Celtic colours on.
It was the security point I was trying to make.

I've sold on here many times and never had a problem. I only sell to people with a post history.
Last year for the Celtic march I had a spare and put it on here. The sheer amount of newbies pretending they were Scorish Blues was ridiculous.
I sold to a fellow blue who sat near me bit didn't get on the CL scheme.
This season I might give my ticket away but suggest a charitable donation be made for about 1/19th of the ST cost.
I'm a great believer that charity begins at home!

It comes down to why are so many people buying season tickets who have absolutley no intention of going to the majority of the games .and of buying away tickets again with no intention of going
This is just plain wrong.

There is nobody that I have noticed that sells their ticket 'for the majority of games', that's just an assumption by yourself, and in my opinion, very wide of the mark.

This is just plain wrong.

There is nobody that I have noticed that sells their ticket 'for the majority of games', that's just an assumption by yourself, and in my opinion, very wide of the mark.
Well that is the widespread view of very many seadon ticket holders if it was not the case why for the less glamorous games their are at least a couple of thousand empty seats .if the season ticket holders went to every game there would nevr be any empty seats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.