Real Madrid want Otamendi

I disagree. Kolarov was our best centre half last season. Otamendi made several poor mistakes that led to goals e.g. diving in several times and getting caught out. Having said that I do rate Otamendi and think if we can keep VK fit the any if the other three will form a good centre back pairing when we play four at the back. i would keep him for sure.
Are you high on glue ?
I disagree. Kolarov was our best centre half last season. Otamendi made several poor mistakes that led to goals e.g. diving in several times and getting caught out. Having said that I do rate Otamendi and think if we can keep VK fit the any if the other three will form a good centre back pairing when we play four at the back. i would keep him for sure.

Unlikely, but perhaps we might shift out Otamendi for decent money, we should easily be able to get our money back on him in todays market and replace him with Mangala which would allow us to stick that cash into securing Sanchez and the fullbacks we desperately need? If all these rumours were true about Otamendi going and us not having the money to get all our targets since Alves shat on us, it could be an option.

I wouldn't be against it. Still convinced there's an excellent defender in Mangala, He and MDM was our best partnership a few seasons ago when Kompany was out for the most part of the season and he hardly got a chance to play with Vinnie, and we all saw how much better everyone else looked with him. Bit of an out there thought and unlikely to happen but it would be a potential solution to these rumoured issues...
You would replace our best CB last season for the mangler? Good god

Would it be weakening us though? I don't rate Otamendi in the slightest and have maintained Mangala is the better defender of the two since they both came in. I don't disagree with what you say about Mangala but those attributes he possesses are something you need in this league, and we're missing a defender with those qualities. Put him alongside Kompany and i think he'd work just fine, potentially Stones too if Stones pushes on this season to be the player we hope he'll be. Doesn't have to play every game, but having that option against certain opposition would be beneficial.

Peps had a year to scope the league out now, he's already adjusted his game slightly for this league, it's not beyond ridiculous to think he may have changed his mind on him and now thinks we need somebody like that for when the long ball merchants and teams with strong physical striker come up against us next season seeing as we often struggled against them last season.

We were destroyed by Everton, who went direct with Lukaku and caused us nightmares, Costa and Kane gave us problems in a similar mould, even the likes of Boro went direct and we struggled, same with Leicester away. Like i said, i'm aware it's unlikely, just some out of the box thinking to discuss and one that would tie in and solve some rumoured issues.
Our defenders have to be very comfortable with the ball at their feet whilst under pressure. How you conclude that the Mangler is more suited than Ota is beyond me

you're not wrong. if they were they would hardly sell to us anyway.

Exactly, We should keep Otamendi this season next season we can look at certain options I think Mammana can be ready for next season, I feel he'll have a breakout season or Lucas Hernandez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.