******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can see where you are coming from but in all 4 innings this summer he looks a dead man walking and not looking to score runs just sit in waiting for the finger the opening pair need to be sorted in the next 5 games this summer and hales will get the chance in the next test with cook but for me root got to open the bat with hales and bring in jason roy and eoin morgan and drop cook give him some cricket at county level to get back to the basics

we are going to need a strong batting line up in the winter and players willing to give it there all when it gets tasty and the chin music starts they will bounce it around our ears from the first ball. i will be having a little bet about the first ball in the ashes being a bouncer

You're looking for more changes than I think the selectors would countenance. There are going to questions about Cook, but he got 69 in the last Test and 42 today, so unless things go completely haywire, he'll surely be heading to Australia. Root doesn't look inclined to go up to 3, so I don't think he'll open.

Think you'll be right about the bouncer. :-)

You're looking for more changes than I think the selectors would countenance. There are going to questions about Cook, but he got 69 in the last Test and 42 today, so unless things go completely haywire, he'll surely be heading to Australia. Root doesn't look inclined to go up to 3, so I don't think he'll open.

That team the batters at least will not be changed they will see out the next 2 test matches. Said it before Balance should be gone no point in keeping him with ashes coming up! Jennings!? jury out in him but he ain't good enough in my book Dawson as well ain't good enough and his batting is shite. I'll predict Root wont be captain this time next summer.

root needs to open for me even with or without cook that's way we can add all rounder being a spin bowler/batter or a out and out fast bowler somebody with height that get that bit of bounce like steven finn. we need 5 bowlers 2 of each 2 swing and 2 pace and 1 spin stokes will be the key to whatever the pitch is going to be like that we can some movement with spin adding 2 in rashid and moeen and take out the swing bowler when we all know the kookaburra ball only swings for about 20 overs over there

i have a feeling the ECB will go with cook hales root bairstow buttler stokes moeen batting line up bowlers anderson broad finn woakes that team will be the main core for me and only changes would be buttler or hales and bowlers rashid and Plunkett the rest are set in stone if fully fit and on the plane

are they any other batters than jason roy and eoin morgan england would take to the ashes to bat at 3 i just don't see anything

That team the batters at least will not be changed they will see out the next 2 test matches. Said it before Balance should be gone no point in keeping him with ashes coming up! Jennings!? jury out in him but he ain't good enough in my book Dawson as well ain't good enough and his batting is shite. I'll predict Root wont be captain this time next summer.

root will be captain next summer even with a loss in the ashes

the old guard will be gone the likes cook anderson broad ending there england test playing root will open the batting and bairstow coming in at 3 and stokes 4 and a very youthful line a new opener for root 2 new swing bowlers and a out and out fast bowler. root will be given 3 years and the home ashes tour and then maybe the ECB may have another look then but never next summer and don't forget the aussies are not that good themselves we could have a chance if we get the batting right

root will be captain next summer even with a loss in the ashes

the old guard will be gone the likes cook anderson broad ending there england test playing root will open the batting and bairstow coming in at 3 and stokes 4 and a very youthful line a new opener for root 2 new swing bowlers and a out and out fast bowler. root will be given 3 years and the home ashes tour and then maybe the ECB may have another look then but never next summer and don't forget the aussies are not that good themselves we could have a chance if we get the batting right

Don't know Root seems the kind of guy who wouldn't want to be captain if his England side gets hammered. Regarding Cook unless he goes on a really bad run cant see him being dropped.

Cook is still one of the two best batsmen in the side, and dropping him with no replacement who can bat for a day would be total madness. Actually, dropping him full stop would be total madness.

What it needs is a no.5 or no.6 who shows some willingness to block and push on line and length, rather than slog based on machismo or panic.

Cook is still one of the two best batsmen in the side, and dropping him with no replacement who can bat for a day would be total madness. Actually, dropping him full stop would be total madness.

What it needs is a no.5 or no.6 who shows some willingness to block and push on line and length, rather than slog based on machismo or panic.

Should of picked Hameed even though he is out of form he made for test cricket.

With 2 fast bowlers past their best, a 3rd who doesn't look like taking wickets, an all rounder so far out of form and a batting line up that wouldn't scare an under 9s team what did anyone expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.