Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
DE9UuDuXUAIkjRG.jpg
Hahaha. Pmsl. Best laugh I've had in a while.

That presupposes that there was a "right" call. Leaving the Americans to go in alone would have had many many adverse consequences for us, just different consequences from the ones that have actually panned out. Unless you are clairvoyant I venture to suggest it is impossible to know what would have happened had we stayed out of Iraq - save of course for the fact that the war would have happened anyway.
It's not about what would or wouldn't have happened. It's about the truth and falsehoods. It's about right and wrong.
Blair lied to enable him to participate in an illegal war, a war in which hundreds AF Iraqis and many British servicemen lost their lives. Whatever the outcome of that war what he did would still have been wrong.

The only way to achieve a successful outcome for any venture is to be honest in your aims and intentions. The only aim and intention of this process should be what is the best for the country. We have both Labour and the Tories pushing for leave, but both for their own different narrow ideological, party political reasons. There is no vision of where we go from here. Neither have articulated how Brexit is in the national interest of the British people beyond the soundbites we have been hearing for the last year. The truth is that neither party know nor care. The reason that Brexit, regardless of who negotiates it, will not be a success for the British is because Btexit was never meant to be for the British people.

The only way to achieve a successful outcome for any venture is to be honest in your aims and intentions. The only aim and intention of this process should be what is the best for the country. We have both Labour and the Tories pushing for leave, but both for their own different narrow ideological, party political reasons. There is no vision of where we go from here. Neither have articulated how Brexit is in the national interest of the British people beyond the soundbites we have been hearing for the last year. The truth is that neither party know nor care. The reason that Brexit, regardless of who negotiates it, will not be a success for the British is because Btexit was never meant to be for the British people.

Whilst I agree with you entirely I think that the blame should be laid fairly and squarely at the governments door. A Tory leader launched the devisive referendum. It was mostly Tory big guns who backed Leave. it was the Tory party who bungled a Machiavellian election process to replace Cameron that ended up with back stabbing and fall outs so that May - possibly the least able candidate - getting the top job by default. Then they have pissed about with infighting and a balls up of an unnecessary election that has wasted the first year since the referendum and the first 4 months since the much vaunted launch of A50. They still persist in fighting each other rather than getting on with it so whilst I see what you mean about Labour its been the Tory governments job since day one to get us out and set out their vision and carry the UK along with them. Fact is they have failed and are still fighting amongst themselves over what the bloody vision is !!!!!

Whilst I agree with you entirely I think that the blame should be laid fairly and squarely at the governments door. A Tory leader launched the devisive referendum. It was mostly Tory big guns who backed Leave. it was the Tory party who bungled a Machiavellian election process to replace Cameron that ended up with back stabbing and fall outs so that May - possibly the least able candidate - getting the top job by default. Then they have pissed about with infighting and a balls up of an unnecessary election that has wasted the first year since the referendum and the first 4 months since the much vaunted launch of A50. They still persist in fighting each other rather than getting on with it so whilst I see what you mean about Labour its been the Tory governments job since day one to get us out and set out their vision and carry the UK along with them. Fact is they have failed and are still fighting amongst themselves over what the bloody vision is !!!!!
Without this turning into a love in, I totally agree with you about ultimate responsibility. The point I wanted to make was that neither party seems to have a vision or a plan and both seem to be doing this for their own benefit rather than ours, i.e the peoples. You know, the ones who are ultimately going to have to pay for this, like we had to pay for, and are still paying for the excesses of the bankers.

It's not about what would or wouldn't have happened. It's about the truth and falsehoods. It's about right and wrong.
Blair lied to enable him to participate in an illegal war, a war in which hundreds AF Iraqis and many British servicemen lost their lives. Whatever the outcome of that war what he did would still have been wrong.

Oh, the war was illegal? Wow. So after years when the finest international lawyers on the planet weren't able to agree whether the war was lawful, when did they suddenly agree that it was illegal? Or are you just making up shit?

Without this turning into a love in, I totally agree with you about ultimate responsibility. The point I wanted to make was that neither party seems to have a vision or a plan and both seem to be doing this for their own benefit rather than ours, i.e the peoples. You know, the ones who are ultimately going to have to pay for this, like we had to pay for, and are still paying for the excesses of the bankers.

the main problem is that a plan that gives a good outcome for the british people isnt possible.
there is a least worst plan, but that would piss off a lot if not all that voted to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.