Real Madrid want Otamendi

Unless Madrid is planning to convert Nacho to RB as a Danilo replacement, they wouldn't have the room for Otamendi without selling someone first.

You mean Morata? He's a striker though. They already have 4 good CB's. So unless they plan to sell one, which I don't think is likely.

Nacho can feature anywhere in the backline it seems, and they look to also be losing Danilo. Vallejo is still raw leaving Ramos/Varane and Otamendi would come in to strengthen them even more. Just my thoughts.

I disagree. Kolarov was our best centre half last season. Otamendi made several poor mistakes that led to goals e.g. diving in several times and getting caught out. Having said that I do rate Otamendi and think if we can keep VK fit the any if the other three will form a good centre back pairing when we play four at the back. i would keep him for sure.
i disagree Kompany was our best centra half last season

i disagree Kompany was our best centra half last season

Yeah, Kompany was by far the best when fit. Otamendi was very underrated though, people only remember the errors they don't remember the countless interceptions, last-ditch tackles, blocks and aerial duels won. By the stats, Otamendi was one of the best center-backs in the league last season. Shame that the pundits only focus on his mistakes

Yeah, Kompany was by far the best when fit. Otamendi was very underrated though, people only remember the errors they don't remember the countless interceptions, last-ditch tackles, blocks and aerial duels won. By the stats, Otamendi was one of the best center-backs in the league last season. Shame that the pundits only focus on his mistakes
Really good post.

Vastly underrated and is criticised by the match of the day crowd

Totally agree. He saved us countless times last season and the season before. His heroics far outnumber his blushes. I've never understood why people don't rate him. I get that he's not the quickest centre-half around, but the effect of this was greatly exaggerated by our lousy fullbacks, who were absolutely fucking useless. Seriously, what is he supposed to do when we get caught up the field and our fullbacks are out of possession and jogging back? There's not a single CB in the league that would fare well under those circumstances. Getting rid of him would be a colossal error of judgement unless we're able to bring someone like VVD in. The fact that Real Madrid are interested says it all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.