Welcome Douglas Luiz

Never heard of him. But our resident S.American experts on the transfer forum are all to a man in agreement that he is the dogz bollocks. When @rdfporcazzo, @Higor Douglas, and @Divino da Guia all agree a prospect is top class my ears tend to perk up.

I think he'll replace the Ferns and Yaya next year. I don't think he is a. "to be sold" prospect.

And to the irrelevant part: No Tim was right on Dihno being expensive, and was reasonable to conclude the younger, more accomplished and cheaper player was a better deal. In retrospect he was wrong. But not about the expense though.

His playstyle remembers more Gundogan though. I don't think he would succeed as the DM.

Is he going to be sold on after a year just like the player we brought in from Australia, Mooey was supposed to be a very good player, loan hi to Huddersfield and then promptly sold him at the end of the season. If this Luiz is going to be doing the same why buy him.

I am slow losing faith in Pep. I hope that this season he proves me wrong.

£8-10M profit on Mooy in 12 months.
I'm not sure what this deal has to with Pep but it was a great bit of business.
You do realise that city is self-financing and needs to generate revenue.

Is he going to be sold on after a year just like the player we brought in from Australia, Mooey was supposed to be a very good player, loan hi to Huddersfield and then promptly sold him at the end of the season. If this Luiz is going to be doing the same why buy him.

Jesus christ. With TBooksbluearmy as a username I imagine you're pretty old? That's not intended to offend you, as it would mean you've been through some of the hardest possible times as a blue.

If that's the case, take a good, long look in the mirror and give your head a wobble. You'll realise that what you've said is pretty embarrassing and you've lost touch with reality.

You're welcome.

I don't agree with your last sentence , but this baffles the fook out of me. We buy great prospects from round the world , loan them out (probably pay their wages to play for other clubs) and then at the end hope we might turn a profit is that really the strategy?

Name one player either in the youth set up or someone we have bought and paid decent money for , who has come in , gone out on loan to other clubs "to improve" and come back stronger and bounced into the first team. I cant think of one over recent years when we have had this policy with the feeder clubs.

We bought lots of good prospects last season, the Turkish lad who went to Holland , the Zechenko ( sorry cant remember his name blonde young star of world cup) bloke, Roberts . they are not coming back and challenging , just going back out on loan or sold

If he really is a good prospect why not keep him round the club and learn the pep way and come the new year when we have lots of cup competitions , fixtures and injuries they may get a chance.

We really struggled last season and keeping a few youngsters around will help keep first teamers on their toes if they lose form and back up when we have fixture congestion and the players need a break.

I don't get it.

We buy great prospects from round the world , loan them out (probably pay their wages to play for other clubs) and then at the end hope we might turn a profit is that really the strategy?

Well, it actually is as you can see the evidence of it; whether we like it or not. It's not even too original, see Chelsea, even though we took it to another level with our 'sister clubs' and stuff. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.