Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

_OVO_

First pre-season friendly against United and first 90 minutes for him in a City shirt, mixed reactions on his performance really. Saved a couple of shots initially and looked sharp and composed on the ball, then made a wrong decision charging out of the box that led to Lukaku score their first. Followed by Rashford's attempt that maybe could've been saved.

I am personally really excited about him, and I think he's the right man for the role.

Obviously made an error that led to their 1st goal, just misjudged Lukaku's speed other than that though I thought he was very good.

The save from Rashford's mishit cross was brilliant, as were the double/triple saves from Jones. Also looked assured collecting the ball from crosses and long range efforts.

I think he's going to be very good.

Last edited:
The mistake was unfortunate, but I thought he did well otherwise. He stayed calm and remained focused to make some good saves afterwards. I think this was the difference between him and Bravo from last year, who seemed to unravel and lose all confidence after a mistake instead of fighting through it.

Only been one game, but I already feel more comfortable and safe with him in net.

As MCFC1993 said, I think he's going to be a great addition.

Last edited:
You can afford to be reckless during a friendly, playing in Portugal he's probably not use to players with pace like Lukaku so now he'll be a bit more cautious.
Thought he could have done better for the second goal, but heard he made a number of really good saves so it's an improvement on Bravo.
Didn't get to watch the city game so I'll hold judgement until I've seen him play a full 90.

terrible for the first goal. doesnt need to do it and from what ive seen of him before he has a habit of doing it....needs to cut it out or we could have another train wreck of a goalkeeper on our hands......absolutely needless to be where he was....hope pep and the defenders gave him a bollocking

terrible for the first goal. doesnt need to do it and from what ive seen of him before he has a habit of doing it....needs to cut it out or we could have another train wreck of a goalkeeper on our hands......absolutely needless to be where he was....hope pep and the defenders gave him a bollocking
So no positives then ?? your glass really is full empty.

Worked quite well for him in Portugal and the CL.

He's not going to stop coming out for the ball like that, if we didn't want a goalkeeper who came out of his box to sweep up we wouldn't have got the most extravagant sweeper keeper on the market.

He'll dial it in, learn when to come out and when to stay, read when he needs to come out better because last night Kompany and Tosin could have covered, but he's not going to stop it and it would be insane to buy him and expect him not to be the player we bought.

8:19am and that's already enough bluemoon for the day.

He's not going to stop coming out for the ball like that, if we didn't want a goalkeeper who came out of his box to sweep up we wouldn't have got the most extravagant sweeper keeper on the market.

He'll dial it in, learn when to come out and when to stay, read when he needs to come out better because last night Kompany and Tosin could have covered.

hope so as that was as bad as it gets and gk errors lose ud points as seen last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.