John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prefer Mangala myself.
I agree. If we brought in a new CB it should be to allow Stones to go on loan to get regular football...not to replace Mangala.

IMO Mangala has a better chance of Improving under Pep than Stones has ...once everyone recognizes that Mangala will never ever become comfortable tiptapping.

I want Stones to improve as much as anyone - I just see no sign of it.

Give him another season but I agree he's no better now than he was when he signed as far as I can tell. Not basing that off of last night, mind.

Give him another season but I agree he's no better now than he was when he signed as far as I can tell. Not basing that off of last night, mind.

He has to do it this season. Go up at least somewhere towards the level people in the game think he can reach & at least some kind of consistency.

But folks shouldn't read too much into a pre season game. Poncy players like him are just as likely to be all over the place as they are to beat 4 players & score.

His pre season game v the rags last season, for Everton was absolutely laughably poor.

If you merged Stones and Mangala into one player you might just about have a central defender worth £30 million.

If that happened we would have a legendary defender LOL. Basically another Vinny. Stones is magnificent on the ball but defensively is woeful and Mangala is the opposite. Or what if the combination was Stone's defensive ability and Mangala's ball playing ability. Hmm

I'm impressed by how many times he failed last season and he was hardly criticized. Ederson failed Lukaku's goal (but the defense also left him with no option). Stones kicked ridiculously into the ball Lukaku kicked into the post. He is one of the players that most fails in our team, leaving the goalkeeper exposed and is not questioned. Our defense with Kompany is far more secure than he is.

All the criticism of the signing was accurate. Was very poor defensively his last season for Everton, and he hasn't shown much here. Looked boss the first 10 games or so of last season because teams hadn't started pressing us yet, but I don't really know what his standout defensive attributes are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.