Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much money do we spend..... who cares???If he cost £30million or £50million and we win the league who will be analysing the fees then. Football (as much as we maybe don't want to) is a changing game, and inflated transfer fees are part of it.

My advise to city owners if it was to ever make a difference, would be to spend more money than we already have on playing staff aslong as rules and regulations allow us. Any man who has a season ticket and says we are blowing his hard earned cash is bonkers.

Our owners are businessmen investing their money in a project they know will (and already has) succeed.

What a time to be a blue.

This summer has seen fees inflate a ridiculous amount. It's not just us, it's everywhere. I hope this guys the business

an insane amount of money. he is not worth that imo. but thats the price of trasnfers today and we desperately need a left back so i guess we have to pay it. football in general in england is going mad.

It's somewhat of a risk this one. He has only had one really good season, but he is built perfectly for English football. Tall, strong and quick. His crossing is better than any left back that I've seen in recent years. This kid has loads of potential and could become the best left back in the world. No reward without risk.
This is not that big of a risk. He's actually had back to back really good seasons. He comes highly rated from a manager Pep really respects in Marcelo Bielsa who said 2 years ago he would be a €30M player. Pep has done his homework.

The upgrade on the FB positions this summer is immense. Totally immense. It's the serious game changer on so many levels in nearly every aspect of Pep's masterplan. We should be rejoicing in the streets not quibbling over a few mil. I hope we bag a fourth.

Thanks for posting this - saw this as part of a longer YouTube clip but this 11 seconds shows a lot of what Mendy has to offer. More technical ability (yet quite raw) than some may think, incredible physical strength - Alves was nothing for him to skate right by all the while taking contact. End product is a fizzing ball into the danger zone. I cannot wait.

Thats some defending to clear that one as well as great work by Bendy.

How much money do we spend..... who cares???If he cost £30million or £50million and we win the league who will be analysing the fees then. Football (as much as we maybe don't want to) is a changing game, and inflated transfer fees are part of it.

My advise to city owners if it was to ever make a difference, would be to spend more money than we already have on playing staff aslong as rules and regulations allow us. Any man who has a season ticket and says we are blowing his hard earned cash is bonkers.

Our owners are businessmen investing their money in a project they know will (and already has) succeed.

What a time to be a blue.
spot on.

lets face it we've watched some shite, felt like shite and took some shite over the years. all worth it cos nobody can match what we now feel as we set off week in week out going a stadium somewhere.

52 years this and it's like i'm 11 again :)

Last edited:
Bielsa revealed his potential in 2013-2014
Could have bought him for 15 millions two years ago when we already needed some FB replacements.

Kurzawa and Digne got more hype but I think Benjamin Mendy is the better prospect.
Marseille sold half their first team so I doubt they would accept to sell him this year.

We know the market is inflated but please get real. Our club is now valued at 2.1bn, a growth of 8% in the last year.

We have people in charge of our club who really know what they are doing financially. We will sometimes feel ripped off, and the press will make a meal of every minute negative, but it's very clear which direction the club is going in.

We have needed major player investment this year. Our squad was aging and unsuited to a high pressure game. We experienced some outstanding play without the players, in part, to deliver it. This season will be better, I'm certain of it. Media fear, and the stench it brings, will make being a city fan all the sweeter.

They did say that Yaya was overpriced; that Silva was too lightweight to make it, and that Aiguero wouldn't be an outstanding signing, so read the papers with a middle finger raised and point it as you feel!

No buts, we should give them 170 for both player 120m Mbappe ,50m Mendy and a add-on of 30m if Mbappe wins the ballon d'Or while at City.(plus not to be name in the tapping up if we are involved)
Oh and buy Virgil van dijk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.