Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear what he's trying to suggest with the Stockport comment and it's clearly designed to pander to the Rag masses. They want everyone to think we only have small pockets of support outside of the City where most people support the Rags.

The media do not get us and what makes us tick as fans. It's far too difficult for them to understand. They simply can't compute how anyone from Manchester doesn't support United. So rather than try and understand and relate to the experience of being a Blue with it's spectrum of different emotions and experience they seek to marginalise and ridicule us. Far easier them to appeal to the lowest common denominator club.

It's the obvious lies they tell which annoy me the most. For example, to refer to Ederson as being at fault for the second goal last night which no keeper in the world would have saved whilst at the same time referring to his price tag is just shameful bias.

Every player we sign is prefixed with his price tag now. It's their way of reminding everybody that our success is hollow as it has been bought and everyone else's, particularly the Rags, will be earned. It has got to the stage where we need to turn the tables on them in some way. If we win something this season the players should come out in tops printed with the price we paid on them. Just some way of telling the media that we're aware of what it is up to.
Yes I get the media are up utd arse, but I was wondering what your average fan of other teams made of it ? Because I expect most know where Stockport is and will see it as Manchester anyway. The irony for me is, wasn't this "Stockport" thing started by Terry Christian , a guy that lives in Bramhall, Stockport !
Ps like the idea about the price tag tee shirts .

I didn't watch the game the other night/morning and have only seen those Phil Foden highlight videos on twitter. So this morning, while perusing Guardian Football online, I saw they had one of those minute by minute text commentary things and thought I'd have a read to see the reaction to Foden's debut as it happened.

Well, apart from the lineups and half time changes, not a single mention of his name, with the bulk of the 'commentary' being all about rag players.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-united-v-manchester-city-live-premier-league

I'm sure if he was making his first appearance for the the rags, the piece would be littered with praise for him along with calls by the rest of the media to be included in Southgate's squad for the World Cup.

Last edited:
Independent investigative journalism - the guardian. Should be done for the trades description laws.

PMSL - lazy useless biased reporting would better describe the twats.

The papers are for fucking idiots and they know it.

A close friend of mine works for amongst others The Sun, she is regularly told to dumb down her journalism. Her fella who's a plumber by trade wrote a piece for her as she was busy and was rejected as it was too well written.

They're pretty much comics for adults.

I agree though, they do help form the opinions of the masses!!

A close friend of mine works for amongst others The Sun, she is regularly told to dumb down her journalism. Her fella who's a plumber by trade wrote a piece for her as she was busy and was rejected as it was too well written.

You trying to say plumbers are thick?

What a total load of bollocks. Bare-faced lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.