Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly reminds me a lot of Bernardo Silva when he was the same age at Benfica. Better as a 10 who drifts out into wide positions, but it's important to learn how to play off the wing as well as it gives you more chance to get into the team than if you can only play as a 10, as everyone wants to play there. What he has that Bernardo didn't though is two feet, I genuinely don't know which is his better one.

Honestly reminds me a lot of Bernardo Silva when he was the same age at Benfica. Better as a 10 who drifts out into wide positions, but it's important to learn how to play off the wing as well as it gives you more chance to get into the team than if you can only play as a 10, as everyone wants to play there. What he has that Bernardo didn't though is two feet, I genuinely don't know which is his better one.
Diaz is clearly left-footed.

Disagree, Diaz is at least equal as CM/AM . Unless you're basing this opinion on 1 game vs Utd.
Based on watching them play many games actually. Foden plays the free 8 role better than Diaz, Diaz plays more like a CAM or SS. In terms of positional sense Foden is better, although Diaz has better dribbling ability.

Not a knock on Diaz and I still want him playing in the center, on the wing he is just too ineffective.

It's not that clear mate, he takes pens + set pieces with his right.
Cheers, didn't know it!
Not a knock on Diaz and I still want him playing in the center, on the wing he is just too ineffective.
Me either. But using a playmaker on one of the wings is a usual thing for Guardiola (remember Hleb or Iniesta), guess it's not the last time we've seen Diaz there. An it could help to get some minutes while he's still fragile and can't cope with the physical play in the center.

What are the current rumours on BD for the next season? Staying with the EDS or sitting on the bench doesn't make any sense. NAC or Girona maybe?

Last edited:
He is a huge talent who is very young and has some development to do.

He has outstanding balance and dribbling technique. He can open up tight defences with his close control and he has good vision.

He holds on to the ball too long and gets caught in possession when he tries to dribble the 'extra' man. Christiano Ronaldo had the same issue.

This player is very talented and should be slowly nurtured with some minutes in the first team. He is beyond EDS level but not yet at full first team level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.