As from today I am stopping buying or reading on line the MUEN

After 48 years of reading the Manchester Evening News I have decide to stop doing so.

Let them pander to the scum and their fans but I`m offski.
Can't remember the last time I read it. The most not in the know local paper around I'd guess. Their slogan used to be 'hear it here first' but nothing could be further from the truth regarding City.

I stopped a while ago now, although I do occasionally look at their Twitter feed if their is something going on; especially if we beat the Rag's (at least twice in the coming season then).

I remember the days of Hince and Meek, when the reporting was about 40/40 give or take over the course of a week, with the remaining 20% being made up by Oldham/Bury/Stockport.

I do feel sorry for Stuart Brennan. He is clearly following protocol on their Twitter feed (tempting headline followed by a link to a webpage full of adverts, and a piss poor article, probably dumbed down by the editorial staff who are all more than likely Rag's). It must be so frustrating for a journalist not to be able to have any control over their output, but then I guess they have to put food on their tables.

The MUEN operate like clockwork. Their mission statement is to appease and please the parasitic glory seeking fanbase of the Stretford lot on a daily basis with their ever reassuring articles to keep the low self esteem sad sacks happy. "Building something special", "Transitional period", "Worth every penny", "659 million fans", "United don't need Messi/Bale/Sneijder" etc etc. Then there are the absolute pointless articles featuring Poborsky's favourite shampoo and what Gary Neville and Fred the red think about Manchester City's youth policies and future potential.

Then our lot get pissed off with it all and complain. Stuart Brennan will then pop up and decide to jot up an article or two either praising our training facilities or one to appeal to our sentimental side with an article about Bert Trautmann. It all dies down for a fortnight and then they go back to wanking the Stretford lot silly and getting digs in on City.

Fuck 'em.

The MEN and all other newspapers are run on a commercial basis. Unfortunately there are more United fans than City fans for them to target with their click-bait. The solution? A few stellar season with City winning lots of big trophies, to get the fan-base up. Anyone fancy that?

After 48 years of reading the Manchester Evening News I have decide to stop doing so.

Let them pander to the scum and their fans but I`m offski.
I just happened to look at the online City section of this raggy publication over the weekend and i cannot fault your decision.
Ive never seen duch poor quality ,biased rubbish, masquerading as 'City' material,for City fans.
Complete disaster of a publication, not fit for purpose and should be shut down immediately.
For anybody else thinking of reading this car crash reporting..my advice is dont bother.

It's always been like this. MANUre would get a back page of unbridled puffery even when they were not playing and we were! We would be on the inside back page! They would occupy 69% to our 31% of column inches of the paper devoted to the two clubs. It is right on the money to call it the MUEN!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.