BT Sports & SKY Sports - Is it worth it?

Just phoned BT, I can get BT Sport for £3.50 p/m and can get SKY Sports for an extra £33.50 p/m.

I tend to watch via HQ streams, but I'm tempted to get the sports package in for this season. Is it worth the fee to stop the hassle of relying on streams? Has to be said, the streams I get are fantastic for City matches - never missed one.

Sky are offering all their sports packages for 20 quid a month for 18 months.

Why would you choose the BT version?

Sky are offering all their sports packages for 20 quid a month for 18 months.

Why would you choose the BT version?
Depends on wether you want it in HD or not. To get Sky sports HD you also need to purchase the 'box set' package which is another £32pm. If you are daft enough to want to see the picture on 2 TV's then add another £12pm for your decadence. Robbing bastards. Don't think you can get HD for sky sports through BT.

If you have an iptv supplier who knows their shit and has a sound understanding of networking protocols you should be fine. I know one service i would bet a large amount on being rock solid with no issues, the rest i can't comment on. Good idea to remember ppv costs to.
I'm sure you'd be quite willing to discuss this one service through pm though ;)

Depends on wether you want it in HD or not. To get Sky sports HD you also need to purchase the 'box set' package which is another £32pm. If you are daft enough to want to see the picture on 2 TV's then add another £12pm for your decadence. Robbing bastards. Don't think you can get HD for sky sports through BT.

All in, including the HD stuff, films etc etc, with the Sky Sports offer, I now pay 72 quid a month. That's not multi room.

Now, I can stream, I have a tv capable, A small PC under the tv as well and a very fast internet connection. I also understand Kodi and all the associated acts. It's still not an option for me as the missus loves being able to switch on and flick between her shit. No amount of me saying...look love we'll save 70 quid a month...or...click on that, then that, then wait a bit...right...hold on that's not HD, right, no love, click there...will ever make her change her mind.

I have no need for multi room as a) there's only 2 of us and b) we only have a tv in one room. If I want to watch stuff apart from the football then I'll do it in my PC room or when she's not around...i.e every day when she's at work.

I agree with Karen on this, the ease of use with Sky, Virgin, BT whoever compared to streaming more than makes up for the cost. At least in my Wife's eyes.

Of course, she's more than happy to watch any amount of film I get hold of like Spiderman earlier tonight...

Double standards? Of course!

Just phoned BT, I can get BT Sport for £3.50 p/m and can get SKY Sports for an extra £33.50 p/m.

I tend to watch via HQ streams, but I'm tempted to get the sports package in for this season. Is it worth the fee to stop the hassle of relying on streams? Has to be said, the streams I get are fantastic for City matches - never missed one.
If you're happy to contribute to Stelling and his mates pension fund then go for it. Alternatively you could pay a fraction of the price for a decent iptv provider and get all the games.
If more did the same then we might get a service that's worth paying for. Shaun Fanning did this for music so you never know.

All in, including the HD stuff, films etc etc, with the Sky Sports offer, I now pay 72 quid a month. That's not multi room.

Now, I can stream, I have a tv capable, A small PC under the tv as well and a very fast internet connection. I also understand Kodi and all the associated acts. It's still not an option for me as the missus loves being able to switch on and flick between her shit. No amount of me saying...look love we'll save 70 quid a month...or...click on that, then that, then wait a bit...right...hold on that's not HD, right, no love, click there...will ever make her change her mind.

I have no need for multi room as a) there's only 2 of us and b) we only have a tv in one room. If I want to watch stuff apart from the football then I'll do it in my PC room or when she's not around...i.e every day when she's at work.

I agree with Karen on this, the ease of use with Sky, Virgin, BT whoever compared to streaming more than makes up for the cost. At least in my Wife's eyes.

Of course, she's more than happy to watch any amount of film I get hold of like Spiderman earlier tonight...

Double standards? Of course!
Some decent services come with full epg, catch up etc mate keep twisting her arm :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.