Squawka Football‏Verified account @Squawka Jul 27
Ross Barkley’s chances created in the Premier League since 2013/14:

2013/14: 25
2014/15: 33
2015/16: 55
2016/17: 84
Marked improvement.
1f4c8.png

Sounds to me like he just started taking set-pieces last season.

Some stats really are pointless or misleading if the context isn't included. I'd really want to see his chances created from open play per 90 mins, but I guess squawka would probably know that would show there's been little change.

matter of interest who are the third and fourth best? Not sure that 2nd best English midfielder in his generation is the most compelling accolade.

On his day Ross Barkley is better than any other young English player in central midfield. Needs more of those days though. Be sound to see that happen at City. He is far more influential and composed than Yaya was at 23.

On his day Ross Barkley is better than any other young English player in central midfield. Needs more of those days though. Be sound to see that happen at City. He is far more influential and composed than Yaya was at 23.

Barkley has immense talent but as good as he is he'd be nowhere near City's midfield. He's an #8 and we've got so many better options. He's had two managers with drastically different approaches to getting the best out of him and he's reached a point where he has to start taking responsibility. I think like Wilshere he'll be a massive what could have been.

He plays nothing like fernando
I was talking about quality needed to fit into our team. Fernando has done as good of a job when asked as I think Barkley would do in Pep's set up. We have homegrown players with better potential than Barkley. Maybe a new challenge and a good coach will do him the world of good, but it would take a massive injury list or a cold wet night away at Halifax in the Cup before he saw game time....especially at the price!

If we signed Barkley, he'd never a good game ever again. The problem with Ross is his mentality. As soon as he received criticism from the manager or media, his head dropped for a few weeks. The media would be ready with their knives if he came to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.