TV Series

Ozark has been incredible. I've watched 3/10 episodes. Jason Bateman crushes the role (surprisingly for me).

8.8/10

Now, I like 'Ozark', but noted that it's gone back the old style of series making; sh*t loads happening at break neck speed and nothing really explained as to how he did anything and it's just accepted.

I'm so used to quality writing now, that I felt spoilt watching it and picking plot holes all over the place

If they slowed it down, 'Ozark' would retain its drama and depth.

As a result, it's merely okay for me.

Now, I like 'Ozark', but noted that it's gone back the old style of series making; sh*t loads happening at break neck speed and nothing really explained as to how he did anything and it's just accepted.

I'm so used to quality writing now, that I felt spoilt watching it and picking plot holes all over the place

If they slowed it down, 'Ozark' would retain its drama and depth.

As a result, it's merely okay for me.

Appreciate the post and I can see that angle. By used to quality writing what are you referring too?

Appreciate the post and I can see that angle. By used to quality writing what are you referring too?

I mean 'entering the world of the protagonist'.

'Mr Robot' is quite an extreme version of being in depth but, for me, it added to it and taught me things I didn't know.

To a lesser extent 'Ray Donovan'; you know who he is, what weight of cross he's suffering with. The stories, though, are secondary to 'Ray Donovan' himself.

'The Wire' is opposite to 'Ray Donovan' as the story, as a whole, has lots of character foundation to hold it up on.

For me, it's where 'Ozark' falls down. I don't feel it knows what it wants, although it has a gem of a story, it has too many 'possibly great' sub stories it could work with, but there's no explanation as to why what happens, happens.

It's a problem that's unsustainable.

I mean 'entering the world of the protagonist'.

'Mr Robot' is quite an extreme version of being in depth but, for me, it added to it and taught me things I didn't know.

To a lesser extent 'Ray Donovan'; you know who he is, what weight of cross he's suffering with. The stories, though, are secondary to 'Ray Donovan' himself.

'The Wire' is opposite to 'Ray Donovan' as the story, as a whole, has lots of character foundation to hold it up on.

For me, it's where 'Ozark' falls down. I don't feel it knows what it wants, although it has a gem of a story, it has too many 'possibly great' sub stories it could work with, but there's no explanation as to why what happens, happens.

It's a problem that's unsustainable.
The problem with Mr Robot is his 60 second hacks don't include the 2 weeks of hash cracking with a titan z array.

I know who you are... A Spanish drama (subtitles) the best who done it series on TV at moment. Gripping ten parter and I don't even know if there has been an actual crime yet!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.